1st Build Help with supplies for 3D printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

RogueOneSpartan

Hi guys! I am building my first armor: halo 3 odst. I finished the vest and I realised I have to buy a few things: another type of contact cement than the one I used, Kwik Seal, Plastidip and more foam. View attachment 293714View attachment 293715View attachment 293716That is why my work has stopped and I am thinking of starting to print out a helmet. I remembered I'll also need some things to smooth out the print lines and seams when I glue the pieces together. I haven't found any 3D printing tutorials here on 405th about smoothing and painting your prints. I am asking you guys to please share what is your procedure after printing the parts; which supplies I will need, and which of them are avaliable in Europe or their European equivalents.

I use Rust-oleum sandable primer to do a base spray first, do a bit of rough sanding with 100 -120 grit sand paper, then use Bondo glazing and spot putty to do a thin coat over the entire helmet. After that I'll continue a process of primer, sanding, spot putty, sanding, primer, sanding...etc until I work my way up to 320 grit, and if I want to really push for a glass like finish I'll take it all the way to 400 or 800 grit and wet sanding

The 405th discord is also a great way to get in touch with more makers who might be on there more regularly, and if you need help with anything there are people there who have probably done it too, I highly recommend joining it and getting to know some folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back