Help With The Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the best way to start your pepakura ive got it all ready and am woundering weather to just cut all the peices out first and put it together like agiant puzzle or to join it in order or ect.....

what way is best

P.S. sorry im not the best speller

Stickies are your friends. However this one doesn't have the pictures anymore but the info is still good in it. Hope this helps.

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9892

Edit: Sorry about that. Wasn't reading correctly. I personally cut out all the pieces, do the folds and then assemble. Some others assemble as they go along so really there really isn't a right and wrong way to do it. Just have to make sure your pep piece doesn't collapse on it self when you assemble like when you assemble the helm or torso section. Good luck.

i on the other hand only cut the pieces i need...its only your best preference regarding on what is the best suited for you...

My first peice I did, i cut all the peices and then folded, then glued. I tell you what, I wanted to kill myself after all the cutting. That and I spent forever looking for the different peices that fit. So now I cut one peice at a time as I need them. That is what works for me.

Brandon McClain said:
My first peice I did, i cut all the peices and then folded, then glued. I tell you what, I wanted to kill myself after all the cutting. That and I spent forever looking for the different peices that fit. So now I cut one peice at a time as I need them. That is what works for me.

yeah done that... i cut all the pieces but when i search for the piece i need, i cant seem to find it, unfortunately i've lost that piece because its all cluttered and messy... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I cut out all the pieces and then fold them all, and then put it together after everything is done. It kills me inside to do so everytime, but it's just the way I do it.

what work best for me is, i do all the fold first and then cut out all the pieces with Xacto knife. I personally like this method but be organize don't stack everything in one big pile.

my method:

Number all the sheets (if not already numbered). I then arrange them in groups, according to their layout in Pepakura Designer; usually, I have the sheets grouped by row on the 2D view. Then, I tick the option to "Check Corresponding Face". Pick a place in the model to start, click on that part in the 3D model, and it'll highlight the part in the 2D view. I find this to be the easiest way for me. You may find that something else works better for you.

There is no right or wrong way but I would say depending on what type of glue you are using also makes a difference as well as the pep model. For example if you are making the spartan lazer you want to cut each piece, fold, then glue, but when I made the H3 marine helmet I cut them all out organized them (the file has the pieces organized on the sheets occording to part of model) then glued.

Yeah I say cut out a few of the pieces that you need at that moment and then work on them, its alot better then looking for a piece in a pile

Ultimately it's up to you, whichever way suits you best, but I agree that it would be better to cut out the pieces as you need them, instead of all together. Some of those pieces are pretty tiny and easy to lose. :)

Thank you all for your help and the vote has weighed in the favor of cutting the pecies as i need them.

i hope to have photos of my project up soon

My project is a M6D one of my most favorite wepons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back