Soft Parts Help With Undersuit Sizing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rowan

hey everyone, ill be ordering my Sette impact suit very soon, but first i need to figure out what size ill need. How does this suit fit you? Is is supposed to be lose fitting or tight? Whenever i order shirts from the US i normally get an XL but there always very loose, a large would be a perfect fit for T-shirts...

You can see some pics in my progress thread here:

Progress Thread

The largest I could get was an XL - it's tight/snug but not uncomfortably so. There is a lot of stretch/flex in the suit. I removed some of the extra elastic strapping from the forearm section for a more comfortable fit but other than that it's pretty much stock. As a frame of reference I am 5'11", 200 lbs, and have a 47" chest and a 36" waist. I think that it should fit as snugly as possible without being uncomfortable but what size would be best for you - I don't know...

I think that Skullcandy Girl found these first and currently has one but I know that she's a whole heck of a lot smaller than I am :) I don't know who else jumped on the Sette bandwagon. I can say that I like it more than the 661 suits I've seen...

Good luck!

DogWizard said:
You can see some pics in my progress thread here:

Progress Thread

The largest I could get was an XL - it's tight/snug but not uncomfortably so. There is a lot of stretch/flex in the suit. I removed some of the extra elastic strapping from the forearm section for a more comfortable fit but other than that it's pretty much stock. As a frame of reference I am 5'11", 200 lbs, and have a 47" chest and a 36" waist. I think that it should fit as snugly as possible without being uncomfortable but what size would be best for you - I don't know...

I think that Skullcandy Girl found these first and currently has one but I know that she's a whole heck of a lot smaller than I am :) I don't know who else jumped on the Sette bandwagon. I can say that I like it more than the 661 suits I've seen...

Good luck!

I'm 5' 9" 130 lbs (last I checked) 30-31 waist...

Would that be like a large?

Last edited by a moderator:
well I'm a 41 chest and a 38 waist, about 200lb's. So would an XL be right for me? I couldn't find any sizing information on it.

I didn't see any sizing info either... I'll see if there is on another site with it...

Edit: Not even there Home Site has a measuring thing for it.

p0rtalman said:
well I'm a 41 chest and a 38 waist, about 200lb's. So would an XL be right for me? I couldn't find any sizing information on it.

If I had to guess I would say that an XL is probably the way to go. While my suit isn't uncomfortably tight, it is snug and since it zippers up the front, going oversized is better than under. Just so you know - I did hit some of the insert "pads" with black primer to darken the look and the foam didn't melt or deform so you should be OK. I used Duplicolor auto primer but I would try a test section with whatever you are planning on using...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back