Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry bud - this is not a "I want this in under a month for Halloween!" type hobby. Sizing, pepkaura, fiberglassing, bondoing, sanding, painting, padding and strapping a full suit of armor plus getting additional supplies like an undersuit, gloves, and balaclava all shipped to you before Halloween is just not going to happen in time - especially if you're just now getting interested. The days are about to rapidly turn too cold for resin to properly activate in time.

HOWEVER, don't let this discourage you from making a set of your own armor. There are other ways to approach this such and make it in time for Halloween. A current popular method is using basement flooring foam or EVA foam which can be be easily cut and can be formed with a heatgun/hairdryer . This just requires you looking at photos of the armor pieces and working by eye to make the suit. There are no blueprints or anything for this type of armor making - you just need a good eye and talent - something that you're going to need regardless of any path you take to make one of these suits. The foam is relatively inexpensive and comfortable to wear.

Cheers,
Kensai

but starting this year you shold have to know that your body iss growing
so its better that you wait a little bit longer an see if you could get the Suit or not ;)

an also if you begin with the building of it this year your sizzing must b 1 inch bigger than your actual body size iss
i also made the same mistake an now i getten my last model withe an perfekt suiting size

so hang on an check my Working progresse (comming soon, stay tuned)

I have to talk against what other people have said I made my MC suit in 3 months time, I did'nt use bondo on anything though and I did'nt use fiberglass cloth on the inside, I used resin on the outside and brushed two coats on the inside my suit lasted for 8 hours at a convention and at the end of the convention only my boots were damaged, ask Texan2012 if anyone does'nt believe since he was there with me and saw the suit. If you go Low Def use Robogenesis' Mark VI parts or if you want to use Reach parts those will be harder to scale there is a topic in the Pepakura section for those the Robogenesis files are on the 405th Pep Wiki though sorry don't have a link if you work fast and be careful you stand a chance of having it done in a month I have seen others do it in that amount of time you can too if you put your mind to it.

I remember seeing a bunch of these "halp I gots 3 weeks to build a full suit" threads this time last year. Is it possible to build a suit before Halloween? yes. Do I find it unlikely you will finish a suit before Halloween? absolutely. I would honestly not worry about getting it done in a month, and making it look nice for next year.

I'm amazed at the people that can pump out a suit in such little time. I spent over 5 months on mine, roughly 50 hours a week most weeks. My kids suit has been a good bit faster since I smoothcast 320 inside the pep instead of fiberglassing it. I think hers still took me 3 months, and I'm not done but very close.

if want halo armor by halloween go cardbored just dont deck it out with tons of detail and can get it doneish pick some thing easy when you do it plus have tons of cardbored on hand when doing this you till go thruw tons of it if want good looking awsome epicness armor then yes its gonig to take a few months and peping really is best way least from what i see it looks good can do it with cardbored but its going to take just as long

trust me trying to build armor at 11 is hard. Thats when I started. If you dont have anyone to boost your mural then it is just a waist of paper and money. now im 14 and still have not finished any armor. I am now in a desprate push to finish by Halloween (3/4 pepping done) and thats with help from my brother. If you still want armor here's a tip from the experienced "2 sizes bigger is better than 1 size too small"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back