Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucy10203

Jr Member
ive just completed my second pepakura halo helmet. now my next step is putting resin over it and fiberglassing it.. but my question is, do i cut out the visor part before putting resin over it? How do put the visor in? do i super glue it in?? help, i dont really know what im doing lol.

You leave the visor in for resining to make sure it has enough support so it doesn't cave in on you. Then, afterwards, you use a Dremel to cut it out. When you want to put your final visor in, you can just use hot glue to secure it.

Hope this helps :)

Oops. Looks like Seno 'Ypsamee beat me to it. lol That's the second time today, I guess I need to type faster.

Anyway, welcome to the 405th!

gamerguy55 said:
Oops. Looks like Seno 'Ypsamee beat me to it. lol That's the second time today, I guess I need to type faster.

Anyway, welcome to the 405th!
Sorry, I guess us Sangheili really are faster than you crummy humans :p

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks guys! this helped me out alot. where could i buy a dremel??
and so i resin the whole helmet, then fiberglass the inside, THEN cut it out??
just makin sure :)

mel_surf5 said:
thanks guys! this helped me out alot. where could i buy a dremel??
and so i resin the whole helmet, then fiberglass the inside, THEN cut it out??
just makin sure :)
Yes, resin outside, fiberglass inside, cut out visor, put final in.

As for a Dremel, Home Depot, Lowe's, any local hardware store, really. There may be an alternative to a Dremel, but the Dremel works the best, good thing my dad has all this stuff, lol

If there are no hardware stores near you, I believe Wal-Mart sells Dremel brand tools too.

Do you have any pictures of the helmet?

There has been some talk about making a one, I think link4044 is the only one to actually make female armor. If you were going to make one it would have to be made in another way than pep.

Though if I remember correctly someone was working on one, it was a while ago... I'll see if I can find the thread.

yea i have some pics, i put them on, gimi a sec please.. hmm.. the female armour sounds a littttle complicated

mel_surf5 said:
here is one picture of the helmet
That looks really good!

Anyways, as for the girl armor, not sure if there is an official file yet, but I know I've heard talk about them. There are a few other girls here, so you may want to ask them how they got around it :)

Thanks you! it took me a while and i made sure to take my time so all te folds would come out nice.. ive already tried making things with other prgrams and pepakura but they have turned out to be a giant turd. i guess im gona have to wait till a girl chest plate comes out or get used to the ugly guy one ;)

P.s what kind of fiberglass and resin should i buy??

mel_surf5 said:
P.s what kind of fiberglass and resin should i buy??
Go to the Pepakura and Cardboard Armor forum and read the sticky on resining and fiberglassing.

bondo makes resin but just go to autozone or some automotive parts store and ask for fiberglass resin and they will hand you exactly what you need. As far as girl armor goes im sure there will be some soon enough. There has been a high demand for it lately. Nice helmet btw!

TwitchFMX8811 said:
bondo makes resin but just go to autozone or some automotive parts store and ask for fiberglass resin and they will hand you exactly what you need. As far as girl armor goes im sure there will be some soon enough. There has been a high demand for it lately. Nice helmet btw!

Thank you! i like my helmet too

The helmet looks great.

If you're going to be doing the chest piece you might want to use the HD model, Flying Squirrel's model. It is harder to make, but it will save you some money in bondo when you go to detail it.

mel_surf5 said:
thanks spartan 117!
this site if full of nice guys :)

And only one of them mentioned to read the stickies! ROTFLMAO!!! :D Being the pretty new girl goes a long way then. ;)

Joking aside, welcome aboard though I'mstill a Noob myself. I was wondering about female armor myself the other day. Not that I need it of course but you see female Stormtrooper costumes alot these days so I wondered about female Halo armor.

Wouldn't a pep file carry it's share of problems? I mean, girlies chests are all different *cough!* :)

Great build on your helmet babe, well done.

Always remember to buy a respirator too when working with fiberglass!

And for the "girl version" of the chestplate, someone came up with the 3d files, they might have been made to pep already.. WAIT, FOUND IT: http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7815

You can hazzz girl armorzz!! Happy face =D

welcome to the site

-Fin(n)ish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back