Here You Go Boys And Girls

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thighs and biceps look like muckle to me too Mac. Everybody loves a good Frankensuit!

@richie- I'm flattered man. Cheers richie, and awesome job again!

@Zenzeigan- Try to be little less negative and critical in your posts man.

All we have is a bunch of different ways to make things. It's the skill of the user that determines the final overall quality.

Sigma-LS said:
The thighs and biceps look like muckle to me too Mac. Everybody loves a good Frankensuit!

Just hoping I wasn't going crazy... >.<

Last edited by a moderator:
Zenzeigan said:
why does everyone treat adam like a god? hes the site admin who happens to have good armor making skills, he doesent have "superpowers" or anything, why cant he just be treated like a person :cautious:

well, i'm pretty sure he meant it in a different way, saying that adam would be proud of the certain muckle parts, since adam's suit was based, not entirely though, off of muckle pieces.

Richie: I applaud you! it's very hard to tell which parts are which. The paint job is especially nice, as it really personalizes those muckle pieces, and makes them unique. Nice work!

Zenzeigan said:
yes doc, i was joking, ok i wasnt, but after studying pep suits it seems i underestimated it
why does everyone treat adam like a god? hes the site admin who happens to have good armor making skills, he doesent have "superpowers" or anything, why cant he just be treated like a person :cautious:

1. Adam made the site.
2. Adam is one of the many pioneers in Halo costuming. I don't see YOU buying a statue and making a wearable suit out of it.
3. Adam actually has a suit of armor unlike someone I know... Oh, yeah, you!
4. Adam DOES have superpowers.
5. Adam has his name in all 5 points.

I think the gloss on the suit looks cool. Looks better than a plain matte suit in the light.

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
1. Adam made the site.
2. Adam is one of the many pioneers in Halo costuming. I don't see YOU buying a statue and making a wearable suit out of it.
3. Adam actually has a suit of armor unlike someone I know... Oh, yeah, you!
4. Adam DOES have superpowers.
5. Adam has his name in all 5 points.

I think the gloss on the suit looks cool. Looks better than a plain matte suit in the light.

Agreed. :lol:

that is a nice combo suit. it looks great. and furthermore, a can;t beleive that was said about adam. i want to let you in on a little secret........... Adam is the chief and he roccccccckkkksss!!!!!!!!! thank you.

amazing job dude!

Arthraxis said:
I'd imagine he used Gloss Paint, a few good layers of it as well.

yes he most likely used a gloss paint, or he used a glossy varnish (or what ever it's called, the thing that you put over paint to protect it) i'm using gloss paint for my armor but he did use some thing to boost the gloss a bit cuz mine doesn't look quite so glossy

Arthraxis said:
I'd imagine he used Gloss Paint, a few good layers of it as well.
two pack car paint clear over base and a good quality metallic is on there 10 coats.
richie

Wow, thats really REALLY good...That's cool that it was made using Pep and cardstock (well I'm assuming). Yours turned out WAY better than mine last year...so good job :D

(return of Spartan1105..the guy that made the crappiest armor from last year)

Anyways, I got a few questions (since I've been gone for a year, and this is the first post I looked at):
1. Where'd you get your visor from? (cause mine was too big)
2. Did you resin and fiber glass it? (cause its so shiny)
3. How long'd it take you max? (took me a month to make a crappy one)

Sorry if I asked a question that was asked before, I'm too lazy to check the posts.

The armor looks fantastic man! Abso-frikin-lute Bad A#%! I'd be proud to wear that rig anywhere, anytime!
Way to go!

Spartan1105 said:
Wow, thats really REALLY good...That's cool that it was made using Pep and cardstock (well I'm assuming). Yours turned out WAY better than mine last year...so good job :D

(return of Spartan1105..the guy that made the crappiest armor from last year)

Anyways, I got a few questions (since I've been gone for a year, and this is the first post I looked at):
1. Where'd you get your visor from? (cause mine was too big)
2. Did you resin and fiber glass it? (cause its so shiny)
3. How long'd it take you max? (took me a month to make a crappy one)

Sorry if I asked a question that was asked before, I'm too lazy to check the posts.
visor standard motorcycle cut with dremmel
yes fibre glassed but shiny because of ten coats of paint(im a sprayer)
4mnths on and off to build ,,,,,hope that answers all your questions.
richie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back