Hey Whats Up Im New And Ihave Some Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODST CHASK

Hey whats up guys im new to the forums my name is Chris im from Florida! im 20 and im a halo fan! ive done some costume building before with starwars toons ive done a bobafett using the trashcan method and ive done a jedi before as well.. anyways ive tried my hand at doing halo armor before and ive messed up a ton.. lol ive scaled wrong like 4 times and when i finally got it right my friend crushed it with my computer chair :sleep i still have card stock left and all the other mats to tackle building something i kinda wanted to try and to an odst any ideas?? i just dont know where to start and what to properly scale everything to ive looked around the site and i just get confused.. but anyway!! yeah i want to start something ijust need some help if anyone is willing to give me a hand getting started and with questions i have though out my build that would be awesome.. if you can get back to me on here or email me at haskellphoto@yahoo.com or aim me at s14getsidewayz thanks a ton!!!!!!!!!!!

1) show us some pics, man! Previous work... we all love to see others props!

2) Remember to try to not post indecision threads... we can't help shape your ideas, if you want to do ODST then do an ODST.

3) Everyone is willing to help out, but make sure to try and research before asking a question. It seems tedious at times but search and read all threads and stickies... your answer may already be out there. Worse case? You ask someone who has already done what you are trying to do for specifics.

Do a Dutch ODST... alot of folks are, but you may do better... rock it out and show pics and post progress of your work. No pics, No proof!

BTW... Welcome to the 405th!

awesome i will check it out!! i was thinking about trying out the MC armor but ive allways been a fan of ODST and pretty stoked they are actually basing a game on the ODST :D

Anyways yeah most likely going to start with the helmet first how should i go about scaleing it like do i just measure the length and height of my head? or what?

and also can this all be done useing a standard printer?? some times when i print stuff the peices dont fit on the paper and if they fit the paper then when i assemble all the parts it comes out being to small... meaning i can put my 2nd MC helmet i made on my dogs head but not mine LMAO!!

My first Scaling of Ruze's ODST helm Made me look like a Bobblehead, and I had to make the chest at total of 3 times.

I serously advise you to watch somethin when you are pepping, I am reading this topic as I'm Pep'n.

Do I have any manners:

WELCOME TO THE 405th

For you:

[attachment=12015:SHOOP DA WHOOP.jpg]

Ohh yeah !! ill deff show pics unfortunately my desktop just crashed soo all of my old pictures went down with it :( i think i have a few pics on my photo bucket i can post up but not much lol ill see if i can not find them in a moment. yea i deff want to stick with ODST! im a big fan and i have ideas i want to make real with my build !! i just hope i do ok haha. ok soo where should i start ?? what are the proper files to download for doing odst?? ive downloaded the one i think its WETA is that scaled to print now or do i have to rescale it??

The Weta one has many small pieces as the chest, It is scaled for someone who is about 5' 11 (71 inches) so you might need to scale it abit, DON'T ask me to scale I've messed alot scaling my armor.

ohh here i found some of my old stuff on photobucket its not much its all i have i have a ton of pics on my old computer if i can get them some how from starwars at disney when i went as bobafett it was a blast!! here is my sw toy collection.. lol well part of it as well as my fett armor build

DSC_0474.jpg

DSC_0935.jpg

Your standard paper in America is letter, and A4 I believe is What the rest of the world uses.

Ruze's is H2

Weta's are I believe simmilar to H3 but different, and was used in Landfall (youtube it)

ODST_CHASK said:
what is the differance between the letter ruze/ weta and the a4?? i just downloaded the A4 is that correct???

A4 and letter are two different paper sizes... Europe/Asia use A4. You mentioned being from Florida, so you want letter. So, no, you chose poorly. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
lol >_< ^ ok soo download letter kk cool... and i use pep-viewer correct?? now can i just print this baby as is and get to work on it right now? or do i have to figure out how to scale it? im about 6ft tall and i weight 150lbs idk if that all really matter or do i just take measurements for my head??

You need Pepakura Designer to be-able to scale it, and I think you might need to scale it, I'd personally, just add a few millimeters but I DO NOT ADVISE that, SEARCH FOR A SCALING THREAD Check your math and Double check it.

hmmm that scaling thread is all sorts of confuseing... im gona try and figure out what i need to do maybe i can get something going tonite hmmm... when i scale it do i print each peice to its own peice of paper?? or is it ok if like 3 things are on the same peice??

I advise looking at Ref. Pics, and measuring it out yourself for a few. That's what I'm doing with some pieces. With complex pieces, like the torso pieces, use a scaling method. USe a scaling method for a lot of things, it keeps the pieces in proportion to one another. ODST is easier, since the armor is made up in sections, not a whole bicep or torso piece like the Spartans. So it shouldn't be too hard.

And try to fit as many pieces on a page as possible. Got to think about the evironment.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back