Hey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan 117

Hey, I'm thinking of building me a suit of armor, but I don't know what to make it out of. If any of ya'll have, can you tell me how you made it or who can do it for me. :reporter:

Making a set of mjolnir armour is not easy or cheap.
You can either buy one privately from the members here (not exactly pocket money) or make your own using templates or ideas on this forum(Not cheap in materials or time)

Either way the answer to your question can't be answer in a single reply. You might try reading some of the threads..? :)

Spartan 117. There are tons of threads on this, soldier!

Glad to have you on the site, but before you post stuff.... lets work on reading as much as possible before asking for help. Once you hit a wall, then you can ask for help. Good luck!

yes. No one is really excited about helping someone who isn't willing to help themselves. You gotta put the time in. We all have. No hard feelings, just trying to help you help yourself.

I agree

I agee aout reading first. I'm thinking on starting my own armor this summer, and I think I might use sheet metal because my dad has some equipment that would help me make armor

are you in Austin? I could give you a tutorial on how to make armor. And it doesn't involve sheet metal. It never should.

Yeah, if you thumb around the other posts in here you'll notice that a guy who is well crafted in working with metal and knows what he's doing really doesn't even suggest using sheet metal.

The reason I whant metal is because me and my cousin play a lot outside with our toy guns we have and I whant something that can work well outside without having to do repairs to it. Have any ideas.

Spartan 117 said:
The reason I whant metal is because me and my cousin play a lot outside with our toy guns we have and I whant something that can work well outside without having to do repairs to it. Have any ideas.

metal

Last edited by a moderator:
well if your fiberglass armor is thick enough, and weel made it wont need much other than cleaning.

But if your serious about making it out of metal, go with .063 - .080" thick aluminum, but your talking about alot of man hours, welding, you name it! It can be done, its just alot of work. Dont use steel, or even stainless, its a hell of alot harder to deal with, and it rusts, not to mention its heavy even in the .020 - .032" thicknesses.

(Quote from star wars (Good Luck,....your gonna need it!))

DM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back