Hi Guys And Gals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeonyx

Been a long time since I have been around, life has been crazy! Moved to California for a bit, now I am back in Chicago, trying to start up my own development company. Got married in August to my highschool sweetheart, and the big shocker......I am having a little boy next month (yeah, yeah, preggers before married, lol)! How has everyone been?

Congrats on everything!!! Glad to have you back!! Life has been busy for just about everyone, I think, at least it has been for me anyway:p

Glad to see you're back!

Guess I'll start by saying that life has been a little (and STILL) busy for me. Job promotions, taking care of family and GF, etc. Seems like it's hard to squeeze in the time for armor building.

Oh yeah, congrats getting married and being preggers! :p

Holy freakin' OMG! :eek

Damn glad to hear from you, girl! Long time no talk, lol. Seems things have been rather busy for everyone the last little while (I myself have posted a few threads here detailing some of my own real-life matters).

So, you just couldn't keep away from the "Windy City", huh? IIRC, they do call Chicago the "Windy City", don't they? :p

I'm very pleased to hear you're finally taking the plunge in starting your own game development company. I was wondering when you might get around to that, lol. From what I hear, there's almost nothing more rewarding than having your company and being your own boss. Best of luck with that.

And married, huh? Wow... that's just awesome! You wouldn't happen to be married to Nick, would you? I can't recall if you'd mentioned you two were high school sweethearts way back when, but I do recall you two have known each other for a long time.

Preggers, too! Looks like everything's happening for you; dream job, marriage, kids. Guess it could be called the ideal "American dream", huh? ;)

As for me, to briefly recap:

Lost my job with Edward Jones Investments back in July, was unemployed for four months (must've e-mailed at least a couple resumes then), went mostly broke and now am doing a temp contract through a staffing agency here. Pays well enough and offers full-time hours, though the hours aren't exactly ideal (1:00-8:30 Mon.-Fri., 8:00-3:00 Sat. & Sun).

Had to deal with a few issues with where I'm living (match-box sized apartment in the East End of Ottawa), which I posted a thread or two about.

Been getting a lot of recognition for the HALO weapon props schematics I've been drafting over the last year or so. A few members here have even used them for their awesome prop builds. Haven't had much to do any of that for the last little while, but hopefully I can get back to it soon.

The most important thing would have to be the girlfriend, though. IIRC, I'd gone on about with you last time we talked on the phone (I know it was earlier this year, just can't remember when, lol). Things are still going great there, and though we haven't yet been together for a full year, as I mentioned in my "A Christmas Proposal?" thread I've decided now's the time to pop the "big question" to her.

That's pretty much the gist of it. I think that's the most to-the-point I've ever been with a recap of personal events, lol.

Anyway, I'm glad you decided to stop by and say "Hi", let us know what's been going on with you. It's been too long. I can't really afford to make any long-distance calls at the moment, but I think we should definately talk on the phone sometime soon. It'd be good to hear your voice, my good friend :)

SPARTAN II said:
Holy freakin' OMG! :eek

Damn glad to hear from you, girl! Long time no talk, lol. Seems things have been rather busy for everyone the last little while (I myself have posted a few threads here detailing some of my own real-life matters).

So, you just couldn't keep away from the "Windy City", huh? IIRC, they do call Chicago the "Windy City", don't they? :p

I'm very pleased to hear you're finally taking the plunge in starting your own game development company. I was wondering when you might get around to that, lol. From what I hear, there's almost nothing more rewarding than having your company and being your own boss. Best of luck with that.

And married, huh? Wow... that's just awesome! You wouldn't happen to be married to Nick, would you? I can't recall if you'd mentioned you two were high school sweethearts way back when, but I do recall you two have known each other for a long time.

Preggers, too! Looks like everything's happening for you; dream job, marriage, kids. Guess it could be called the ideal "American dream", huh? ;)

As for me, to briefly recap:

Lost my job with Edward Jones Investments back in July, was unemployed for four months (must've e-mailed at least a couple resumes then), went mostly broke and now am doing a temp contract through a staffing agency here. Pays well enough and offers full-time hours, though the hours aren't exactly ideal (1:00-8:30 Mon.-Fri., 8:00-3:00 Sat. & Sun).

Had to deal with a few issues with where I'm living (match-box sized apartment in the East End of Ottawa), which I posted a thread or two about.

Been getting a lot of recognition for the HALO weapon props schematics I've been drafting over the last year or so. A few members here have even used them for their awesome prop builds. Haven't had much to do any of that for the last little while, but hopefully I can get back to it soon.

The most important thing would have to be the girlfriend, though. IIRC, I'd gone on about with you last time we talked on the phone (I know it was earlier this year, just can't remember when, lol). Things are still going great there, and though we haven't yet been together for a full year, as I mentioned in my "A Christmas Proposal?" thread I've decided now's the time to pop the "big question" to her.

That's pretty much the gist of it. I think that's the most to-the-point I've ever been with a recap of personal events, lol.

Anyway, I'm glad you decided to stop by and say "Hi", let us know what's been going on with you. It's been too long. I can't really afford to make any long-distance calls at the moment, but I think we should definately talk on the phone sometime soon. It'd be good to hear your voice, my good friend :)

Yes, I married Nick, lol. If things feel right Elvis, marry her! Don't let anyone tell you it's too soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Aeonyx said:
Yes, I married Nick, lol. If things feel right Elvis, marry her! Don't let anyone tell you it's too soon!

Yeah-ha! I kinda had a feeling it might be him. I mean, things were always good between you two, and I know you two have quite a bit of history. Though a little bit late in coming, please convey my congratulations to him (and you of course, lol). He got himself quite a catch :cool

I'm so very happy for both of you. I don't doubt you two will make beautiful babies together :) heh

And yeah, it does feel right. Everything about her and this relationship has been nothing but right, despite how short a time we've been together. The ten years we've known one another probably helps too, lol. I can confidently say she's "the one", so I'm going with it! :D

P.S., My step-mom kinda called it a while back when, after just a couple months and hearing how things had progressed at that point, that this would happen. It's scary how right mothers can be sometimes, lol.

SPARTAN II said:
Yeah-ha! I kinda had a feeling it might be him. I mean, things were always good between you two, and I know you two have quite a bit of history. Though a little bit late in coming, please convey my congratulations to him (and you of course, lol). He got himself quite a catch :cool

I'm so very happy for both of you. I don't doubt you two will make beautiful babies together :) heh

And yeah, it does feel right. Everything about her and this relationship has been nothing but right, despite how short a time we've been together. The ten years we've known one another probably helps too, lol. I can confidently say she's "the one", so I'm going with it! :D

P.S., My step-mom kinda called it a while back when, after just a couple months and hearing how things had progressed at that point, that this would happen. It's scary how right mothers can be sometimes, lol.

You are too sweet! I wish you the best, I am sure you guys will be very happy together!

Aeonyx said:
You are too sweet! I wish you the best, I am sure you guys will be very happy together!

Well, you know me, lol. Always been that way :lol

And thanks, Annie. Coming from you, that certainly means a lot :)

I wish we had had a nice wedding, but what we did was fun. We got married at the park during the 1 hour break at the game developers charity kickball game! Too bad I couldn't play this year, I was a good coach though, lol.

n1113137523_30099999_2169.jpg

welcome back fellow windy city dweller, and yes today it is the cold windy city, congrats on the marriage and the upcoming lil boy. I myself will be tying the knot in 3 months and 12 days, yes i do keep track. But anyway welcome back sit back relax and hey now you can make yr armor and a baby set of armor. LOL

Dreads said:
welcome back fellow windy city dweller, and yes today it is the cold windy city, congrats on the marriage and the upcoming lil boy. I myself will be tying the knot in 3 months and 12 days, yes i do keep track. But anyway welcome back sit back relax and hey now you can make yr armor and a baby set of armor. LOL

Thanks! Congrats to you too!!

Man its like a Reunion of 405th veterans, i havnt had the time to surf these forums for a bit as well, anyways its good to see a familiar face, and to have you back with us.

Wow, it's been a LONG time since I've seen ya here Aeonyx!

Glad to know that you are ok and that alot of good things are going your way.

Best of luck with your company senorita!

-Pony

Congrats! On the wedding, the business, and on the little guy! Seems like a lot of people are headed down the aisle soon. :lol (September, myself)

Aeonyx said:
I wish we had had a nice wedding, but what we did was fun. We got married at the park during the 1 hour break at the game developers charity kickball game! Too bad I couldn't play this year, I was a good coach though, lol.

[/quote]

Well, I'm of the opinion that you don't have to put an unreal amount of money into a wedding for it to be memorable, or what you want. Mel and I plan on having a rather low-key, cost-effective (not [i]cheap[/i]; there's a difference) wedding with only close friends and family in attendance. Maybe 50 people all told, most from my side. Don't see any point in inviting distant relatives we've never met, or only met once long ago.

As neither of us are for church-going, we'd personally find it kinda odd to go to a church just to get married. So, instead we'll be having the ceremony in the (very large) backyard of a friend of her family's. Saves us having to reserve a church for the occasion. Don't know if we're going to get a dining hall for the reception, though. Might just have that there, too.

Some of those details are still being worked out, lol.

Anyway, point being that it doesn't have to an expensive or extravagant event in order to be "perfect".

BOLD # 1: Oh... do we see a "soccer mom" in the making? :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back