Hidden Marathon Logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
xalener said:
Do you know ANYTHING about bungie, spartan?

Yes, I do, thank you very much.

The Marathon logo is from Marathon made by, oddly enough, Bungie. Marathon is the granddaddy of almost every multiplayer FPS to boot. AND it shares many of the elements of it's story with Halo. Notice the main characters helmet looks a hell of alot like security? Notice the Marathon rocket launcher looks very similar to Halo's, right down to the SPNKr on the side? Notice how the end of Halo is incredibly similar to the beginning of Marathon?

Despite the recurring similarities between the two story arcs, I feel that it's a coincidence that it's in the picture. I highly doubt it was intentional. Bungie isn't a company for subtlety. Ever notice that the Marathon logo was on the side of the Pillar of Autumn? If one of the buildings had a Marathon logo on the side, then I'd say it was intentional, but NOT on the side of a pile of rubble.

Can we stop being an @$$-hat now, xalenar?

Last edited by a moderator:
xalener said:
Do you know ANYTHING about bungie, spartan?

Seriously, dude, that WAS quite over the line. I personally can't really see it either, because that's actually just a joint in a metal leg somewhere.

Coincidence.

And Xalener, there was no need to be so rude. S137 hadn't done anything wrong for that little outburst, so I'd say an apology is in order.

Score one for Spartan. I agree with him. I hardly looks like one and I personally think that Bungie, while they love hiding goodies, I don't think that they would put it there on purpose.

- Adulese

Spartan137 said:
Yes, I do, thank you very much.

The Marathon logo is from Marathon made by, oddly enough, Bungie. Marathon is the granddaddy of almost every multiplayer FPS to boot. AND it share many of the elements of it's story with Halo. Notice the main characters helmet looks a hell of alot like security? Notice the Marathon rocket launcher looks very similar to Halo's, right down to the SPNKr on the side? Notice how the end of Halo is incredibly similar to the beginning of Marathon?

Despite the recurring similarities between the two story arcs, I feel that it's a coincidence that it's in the picture. I highly doubt it was intentional. Bungie isn't a company for subtlety. Ever notice that the Marathon logo was on the side of the Pillar of Autumn? If one of the buildings had a Marathon logo on the side, then I'd say it was intentional, but NOT on the side of a pile of rubble.

Can we stop being an @$$-hat now, xalenar?

hahahah What the heck is an ass hat LOL..... o_O

Master_Chief_13 said:
hahahah What the heck is an ass hat LOL..... o_O

General term for someone who is, well, being an ass.

Go play Kingdom of Loathing and go to chat, ask them what an asshat is. They'll send you a couple.

While i think its a bit of stretch, i wouldn't put it past bungie, but if anyone had anything to do with it it was the artist just having some fun, i don't think its any kind of massive conspiracy.

and guys, enough with the arguing or I'm sure someone wielding a banhammer will end up locking it.

Hey, all it takes is a bit of sarcasm to make people who take themselves WAY TOO SERIOUSLY go insane.

It all started as a mere joke on my side.

Postimafied

Picture_9.png

It's the joint in front of the ODST with the spotter scope. I would almost agree except for the big chunk of bracing above it that seems to meld with the overall piece.

p0rtalman said:
While i think its a bit of stretch, i wouldn't put it past bungie, but if anyone had anything to do with it it was the artist just having some fun, i don't think its any kind of massive conspiracy.

and guys, enough with the arguing or I'm sure someone wielding a banhammer will end up locking it.

Fair enough.

xalener said:
Hey, all it takes is a bit of sarcasm to make people who take themselves WAY TOO SERIOUSLY go insane.

It all started as a mere joke on my side.

Xalener, apologies for the @$$-hat remark. Joke or not, you didn't diserve it.

I'm sure the dude that painted it drew some random thing, saw that it vaguely looked like the marathon symbol, and then refined it to look a bit more like the real thing.

I mean Marathon symbols created by illusions aren't new in the Halo series. The Halo control room is actually just a big marathon symbol.

Pure coiencidence, was probably drawn unintentionally, and 90% of hidden marathon logo's you can either tell that YES they are one, or NO they are not. This dosn't even look close IMO.

And Xalener, that wasn't necessary, regardless if it was a joke or not, you were the only one who seemingly got it. Pretty flawed humor if I'd say so. Otherwise it was just a cover for when it all blew up in your face, either way, I personally couldn't care less. Don't do it again.

Doubtful it's a marathon logo, just something that happens to resemble it a bit.

-Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back