Hot Glue *OOPS* removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

silentd3at4

Jr Member
Hey guys almost done with back piece and will be gluing it to the chest piece. But there are little goobers of hot glue that are on the outside of the pep versus the inside. Will this be an issue in the fiberglassing and resining stage? Or will I be able to sand them to non existence after resining, fiberglass, and bondoing? If not what is the best way to remove them without destroying the pep?

I have the same problem sometimes, depending on the severity of your goop pile you should make a judgement call. I mean if you have little blobs you can sand them down in between the resin/ bondo stage, however if you have big big globs try to take your knife as careful as you can be and slowly cut it down to something you can sand down comfortably. I hope this helps :p

Considering I am currently building the Extremis armor with hot glue I can probably help you out here, if you're using a high temp. glue gun you should be able to touch the tip of the glue gun when it's heated up and melt down any globs on the outer part of the armor I always use a wet finger and when I put two pieces together I flatten any hot glue that ends up on the outer part of the armor. But also when you do your resining and bondo stage and then when you sand it should'nt be noticeable.

if you're using a high temp. glue gun you should be able to touch the tip of the glue gun when it's heated up and melt down any globs on the outer part of the armor

Exactly, this glue will melt over and over again. If you don't want to use the tip of your gun just get a cruddy butterknife that you're not too fond of and heat it with a lighter and smooth that out just like butter over toast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back