HOW CAN I PUT FIRE BURNS OR PLASMA BURNS ON MY ARMOR

spartan831

I AM ALMOST DONE WITH MY HELMET BUT I AM GOING TO FINISH THE HOLE ARMOR IN 2 & 1/2 WEEKS BUT WHEN I WAS DONE I WAS GONA PUT A FIRE BURN ON IT SO IF YOU GUYS COULD HELP IT WOULD BE AWSOMNESS

FinAeros

Legit or not?

There are model replica techniques out there for painting flame damage, char, and slagging.

If you really want to go hard core and "real," get a miniature butane torch like for gourmet cooking or a general hobby torch and experiment on some scraps or spares to get the feeling before trying it on the finished armor. I'd recommend a really light touch with it.

FinAeros said:
Legit or not?

There are model replica techniques out there for painting flame damage, char, and slagging.

If you really want to go hard core and "real," get a miniature butane torch like for gourmet cooking or a general hobby torch and experiment on some scraps or spares to get the feeling before trying it on the finished armor. I'd recommend a really light touch with it.
QFT

try this also, on your test burns, try spraying lightly the spot you want to "burn" with your spray piant, and (wait about 4 seconds the fumes are flammable) then run the lighter just enought to burn the fresh paint it should leave a bit of black/brown burn effect. this way if you mess up, you can wipe it off, and no harm to your paint job or armor

Last edited by a moderator:

joshua61991

Jr Member
I would be really careful and indirectly burn it, more like give it smoke damage. The fire may melt the resin, try it on a piece of paper that you resin/paint really quick. If it works good then give it a go, your call though man I personally would just burn a piece of crap pep (like a boot you messed up) then replicate the look you get with paint.

Doom

Caps is not the Cruise control for coolz... Please don't do it again.

I will have to admit I liked the roman candle suggestion though ;-) . Sounds creative.

-Doom

Fuffuloo

Jr Member
When you paint your armor, start off with a coat or two of black. Then paint your desired color over that. Then sand away the top color where you want your burn until you see the black and voila!

I havent tried this myself, but it seems like it should work. The only thing I sould worry about is not being able to paint over the black.