How do i get you guys to make armor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobbyP

Yeah yeah it may be a really dumb question but im just not sure. Someone told me about this place not too long ago and that the 405th makes armor for people! Thats great! I have a very basic request and i just wanted to know, how much it costs, usually how long, stuff like that. Im a noob i know.

Yeah yeah it may be a really dumb question but im just not sure. Someone told me about this place not too long ago and that the 405th makes armor for people! Thats great! I have a very basic request and i just wanted to know, how much it costs, usually how long, stuff like that. Im a noob i know.

Whoever told you that 405th makes armor for people lied to you (or was grossly misinformed). We're a community that exists to create and help others create (among other things) Halo armor. There is a classifieds section reserved for when you achieve "Infantryman" status, but there are very strict guidelines when posting something for sale/trade, and there are VERY few members who do commission work (in fact, all the members that I am aware of who do commission work are currently not accepting commissions).

So, if you really want a suit of Halo armor, but don't want to build it, you can buy it at places like this...

http://www.windycitynovelties.com/237935p/halo-3-master-chief-supreme-edition-adult-costume.html?s_cid=GPE237935&adtype=pla&gclid=CIelmf6e-bECFahFMgod_kAAAg

...but be prepared to spend a lot of money for a crappy-looking Master Chief suit with no character. If, however, you want a customized suit, and are willing to learn, then poke around the site for a while. Look at what people have created and decide if this might be for you.

Welcome to the 405th.

Yeah nope, The 405th doesn't take commissions, we each individually make our own armor. You are welcome to join the group, though I will tell you, it can be a long, expensive (kinda, not really) process. Your suit would reflect how much time is put into it, and how much you care to.

We do have a classifieds section that does sell, but as you are in noob status, you can't access it.

Making is soooo much better than buying. (And cheaper too. And funnier.)

And to give an idea, I have just finished my first build, got over a hundred posts, been there for roughly two-three months, and I still don't have the Infrantryman status (and thus cannot have access to the classifieds). And you know what? I don't care! Making my armor was one of the best hobbies I've ever had. So forget the wallet and start building YOUR very own suit!

(On a side note, if we had to make armor for everyone who came in here asking to buy some, we'd never get anything done. Takes a LOT of time to produce a decent piece, let alone a whole suit!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back