HOW DO I PUT ON MY ARMOR?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan Primer

Hey Spartans, my name is Ethan, and I need help with my suit. I have some picture enclosed so you can see what my problem is. My torso piece is a Halo Reach Wrath Variant. My problem is actually getting the armor on. It fits my body really nicely, so its not loose, which doesn't get me much room to wiggle in, so I cant just leave it all one connected piece, but If I make like a clip system, it would clearly show. Anyone got any suggestions? Thanks so much for your time!
IMG_0156.JPG
IMG_0157.JPG
IMG_0158.JPG
IMG_0159.JPG

Just at a glance, I would possible suggest some sort of hinge system on the upper shoulder area (Around your traps) and that way you can add a clip system at the very bottom undersides, which would be less noticeable. In my opinion. Thats an idea anyway

Straps on the underside of the top shoulder could be used as a hinge?

Anyway, good luck man

JD

You could do the aforementioned hinge & buckle system, or maybe seperate the chest into a front and back half that snaps together with clips or magnets.

One of the more common ways of doing this for Reach chestpieces is seperate the section beneath your arms (section shown in your pic 2 and 3) and either have them connect with powerful magnets or buckles, either one works fine and both can be hidden very well. If you look around at some other Reach builds or any chestpieces really you'll find some good examples of this.

on the bottom sides, split and place parachute buckles and nylon straps on the inside so that its hidden when on. those are cheap items to purchase at walmart or any fabric store. Then you can slide the torso on like putting on a shirt and clip the bottoms in place. This way you have some wiggle room and the closures are hidden. I did this for my torso on my HAZOP. worked great. You can see in this picture mine splits at that seam just under my hand. there is apiece that inserts into the other side so that it is snug and fits tightly.

IMG_0069.jpg

on the bottom sides, split and place parachute buckles and nylon straps on the inside so that its hidden when on. those are cheap items to purchase at walmart or any fabric store. Then you can slide the torso on like putting on a shirt and clip the bottoms in place. This way you have some wiggle room and the closures are hidden. I did this for my torso on my HAZOP. worked great. You can see in this picture mine splits at that seam just under my hand. there is apiece that inserts into the other side so that it is snug and fits tightly.

View attachment 247682

That is originally what I was gonna do, but I don't know how to hide my buckles. This is my first build, as you can probably tell from the pictures.Could you give me more pictures of your build to explain where and how to hide the buckles? That would be amazing. Thanks so much!

I will take some pictures later but basically they are placed on the inside edge of your armor so they are not seen because they are sandwiched between you and the armor. Please as many of these snaps etc in discreet places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back