Foam How do i use pdo files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaxterm

So i want to do the ODST armor and the only place i've been able to find the files is on here, and they are on PDO, which i dont know how to handle, can someone help me with this?

Welcome to the 405th! .pdo is a filetype associated with the software Pepakura, which allows you to take 3D models and split them apart into net-shapes to then use for the pepakura (papercraft) or foam methods. Armorsmith is another program which can read the files, and has similar features, with the added ability to scale and attach them to a digital avatar of yourself.

Pepakura Designer is free to use, except for saving - you'll need a license for that. This means you can import .pdo files and unfold them, but you won't be able to save any progress without paying for it.

Welcome to the 405th! .pdo is a filetype associated with the software Pepakura, which allows you to take 3D models and split them apart into net-shapes to then use for the pepakura (papercraft) or foam methods. Armorsmith is another program which can read the files, and has similar features, with the added ability to scale and attach them to a digital avatar of yourself.

Pepakura Designer is free to use, except for saving - you'll need a license for that. This means you can import .pdo files and unfold them, but you won't be able to save any progress without paying for it.
Ohhh i see, so i have to download pepakura to like be able to use them?

Ohhh i see, so i have to download pepakura to like be able to use them?
Correct. As Planet has said it's free to use, though you won't be able to save changes to the file until you buy a license key for it. It and Armorsmith are both very helpful programs we use to make armor out of EVA foam or paper and resin. It allows you to adjust the armor's scale to fit you better, and allows you to visually see how the pieces fit together. Give it a try, and if you have anymore questions feel free to ask. We have members in here who have years of experience with both programs.

Correct. As Planet has said it's free to use, though you won't be able to save changes to the file until you buy a license key for it. It and Armorsmith are both very helpful programs we use to make armor out of EVA foam or paper and resin. It allows you to adjust the armor's scale to fit you better, and allows you to visually see how the pieces fit together. Give it a try, and if you have anymore questions feel free to ask. We have members in here who have years of experience with both programs.
Alright, thanks man!

I have been using Armorsmith for a while and I find it very useful in sizing my parts. There is a bit of a learning curve but you can get the needed basics down pretty fast.
yeah i've seen Armorsmith but its a pay to use program, and where i live 35 dollars is a lot, so sadly i can't use it, im sorry

Could do my technique, use pepakura designer, get your file sized, and reorganize it and dont close it out until you are done, Ibhad the same file opened for like 8 months now

Last edited:
Could do my twchnique, use pepakura designer, get your file sized, and reorganize it and dont close it out until you are done, Ibhad the same file opened for like 8 months now
thats a long time but figured i could do that, but for now i dont have the exact measures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back