Props How do you carry/stow weapons on your armour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaiganBoi

Sr Member
Hello everyone. I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to armour building and such and wanted to ask for opinions on where they place weapons on their armour and what do they use to attach said weapons with.
For example I am hoping to build an ODST suit. I have already made a silenced magnum and was thinking of using magnets so it would attach to my thigh. Or would you use holster and slings ( even though its not used in the games ). Thanks in advance for your advice.

I've seen people use magnets for pistols and smaller lite weight items made of foam, usually they build around said magnets or dremel them into place so they are not sticking out. I would suggest a very strong magnet like rare earth magnets to use to complete that task. Your other option for slings or holsters, well slings are easy to come by and surplus store or online surplus store carries a variety of both slings and holsters or drop leg holsters. Some people have posted threads here on this site making there own holster builds. I also believe there are some files on holster's I Know there is one that is relevant to reach. If I can find it I'll let you know.

For my ODST recently I ripped open (very carefully) a Halo BoomCo Pistol and dremeled out the inside of the grip and stuffed it with neodymium magnets, and then also ripped apart an old hard drive and took the magnet from that which is slightly C-Shaped and contact cemented it to the thigh piece where you would expect the guns to magnetically attach. As for bigger non foam stuff you may have to just carry it or get a sling. I've seen people who made foam AR's put pretty strong magnets in them and on the backs of their suits!
You could also use clips or buttons or something like that maybe?

I'd say it might depend on how you want your armor to look. Magnets really make a neat and clean looking design, while straps and holsters gives a bit more rough, modern-day combat look. I'll essentially weather my spartan quite a bit and stuff it with pouches and accessories, so I think straps and holsters will end up making my armor look better.

Last edited:
I'd say it can depend on how you want your armor to look. Magnets really make a neat and clean looking design, while straps and holsters gives a bit more rough, modern-day combat look. I'll essentially weather my spartan quite a bit and stuff it with pouches and accessories, so I think straps and holsters will end up making my armor look better.
I like the idea of strapping. I have a Destiny Hunter knife I previously made that I might make a makeshift sheath for and strap that to my lower leg or attach to my back. As for a holster for the magnum... I may go for magnets or make some sort of slot or hook on my thigh piece and slide the weapon in that way. The Mag is actually large. Its " Spartan sized " so making a holster for it would just make things even bulkier.

I'm putting a pair of magnets in my pistol and thigh plate. One stronger magnet in the top and a weaker magnet in the bottom. You won't be able to pull it straight off. Instead, you twist it (breaking the weaker magnet's grip on the bottom) until the stronger magnet comes free.

My knife sheath will be bolted to my chest. My assault rifle, if I can grab it, will be magnetically attached to my back or wolf-clipped to my shoulder.

I like the idea of strapping. I have a Destiny Hunter knife I previously made that I might make a makeshift sheath for and strap that to my lower leg or attach to my back. As for a holster for the magnum... I may go for magnets or make some sort of slot or hook on my thigh piece and slide the weapon in that way. The Mag is actually large. Its " Spartan sized " so making a holster for it would just make things even bulkier.

I recently made a suppressed magnum too, and I'd really like to see a holster made for one! Make sure to upload some pics too, then I might be able to replicate it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back