How do you deal with small pepakura pieces?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrLigugu

I've been trying for a few weeks to build some ODST armour using pepakura, but there are so many small and intricate pieces to fold and stick, is there a method to overcome this? I see the builds on this site and they're so neat with hardly any mess even around smaller pieces.

It depends what your sticking it together with tape or hot glue gun I personally found the hot glue gun to be easier but I think it all comes down to practice

Is your problem that there are too many small pieces? or that cutting them out and placing them on is too difficult/ time consuming? I just finished my recon mask so hopefully I can help.

Is your problem that there are too many small pieces? or that cutting them out and placing them on is too difficult/ time consuming? I just finished my recon mask so hopefully I can help

The cutting is okay, its the sticking of the small pieces, like all of the really small tabs you have to stick. Thanks for the reply!

It depends what your sticking it together with tape or hot glue gun I personally found the hot glue gun to be easier but I think it all comes down to practice
I used super glue. It actually worked out pretty good. You just have to be careful. Any mistakes, then you would have to pry the piece off and redo it

There were a lot of intricate small pieces for the locus mask that im working on. It just takes patience. If you are daring, I would give super glue a shot. If you do one tab at a time, the super glue holds the pieces in place very well, which makes putting the other tabs in place easy. Super glue method can be a little unforgiving though

I used super glue. It actually worked out pretty good. You just have to be careful. Any mistakes, then you would have to pry the piece off and redo it
Yeah well I guess that's the same with hot glue but I think it the end it will all just come down to pratice and experience TBH

Is your problem that there are too many small pieces? or that cutting them out and placing them on is too difficult/ time consuming? I just finished my recon mask so hopefully I can help

The cutting is okay, its the sticking of the small pieces, like all of the really small tabs you have to stick. Thanks for the reply!

I've always used super glue. It doesn't make a mess, dries super fast.
Just take your time, all the small pieces are time consuming, but it's part of the fun.
Just think like that - better do it now than later when manually applying bondo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back