How do you stay focused?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TH3 FETT MAN

Hello fellow 405ther's :) I have not made a thread in some time. I was just wondering on how every one stay focused on their work? I can never spend more then 10 minutes on anything, I always end up watching what I put on in the background. I know this might seem useless or unnecessary, but I would love for anyone's tips on how/the best way to stay focused. Thanks, Quinn

I only work a few hours a day, but even just trying to do that is hard as I'm a pretty big procrastinator. But then I just look at my calendar then think "WARTHOG" and that motivates me just enough each day to work on something. I would work more a day when I'm into it, but I'm at the sanding stage and so I get pretty tired pretty fast.

But I bolded the main focus of my post, because.... PAX!!!

procrastinator

I'll have to take some time to look up what that means tomorrow :)

Whenever I am easily distracted, it's an indication that I'm doing something I don't really want to be doing. Which means that I just do something else if it's during my free time.

I usually don't have a problem when i get started, hell most of the time i work on stuff i get yelled at cause i stay up till the next sunrise. I mostly have trouble actually getting started. Other than that i use sweet tea and music to keep me entertained while working.

Well maybe I shouldn't watch Adventure Time while working on things. Its a very big distraction :D but I only have it on so I have something in the background. It seems I work better with nothing on so I guess I won't be watching any Adventure time while I'm working.

Whenever I am easily distracted, it's an indication that I'm doing something I don't really want to be doing. Which means that I just do something else if it's during my free time.
Yeah, this ^^^^

To be completely honest, making just MY suit, pretty awesome and I was pretty stoked and motivated everyday, and I was working on it everyday.... THHHEEEENNN bf's gets all lazy and two months before PAX he's all "Hooonnneeyy... help me make my armor....". Turns out, in guy talk, "help me" means "make it for me".....

So yeah... my term for 'procrastination' in my last post means "I don't want to fracking make two suits by PAX but I have to otherwise I'll be letting down a whole bunch of people including myself and my bf. So this means I don't get to sleep from now til PAX".

The trick is to eat pure sugar packets (just buy a big 20Ib box for like $10), and drink a gallon of soda every 4 hours.

Oh, and I almost forgot, if you are "big" and have a slow metabolism this strategy could put you into a coma.

In other words it works well for skinny people with a super high metabolism, but it kills other people......

Its best in moderation.....

The trick is to eat pure sugar packets (just buy a big 20Ib box for like $10), and drink a gallon of soda every 4 hours.

Oh, and I almost forgot, if you are "big" and have a slow metabolism this strategy could put you into a coma.

In other words it works well for skinny people with a super high metabolism, but it kills other people......

Its best in moderation.....
Um.... I'd like to say no, this doesn't work for small/skinny people with high metabolisms.... I'm 5'5", 110lb, with a high metabolism, and sugar (even in a raw form) does NOTHING for me in any way shape or form.

I ALWAYS have music on while I work.

I'm was soo happy when my drill's battery charger also double as a radio. Sanding stuff didn't become boring anymore.

I have pictures of what my build will look like when finished statigicly placed throughout my house.
The box that has my Pep, cutting blade, scissors and cutting boards right beside my couch. I'll work with the tv going in the background

personally i have no trouble staying focused, i love what im doing and find it very rewarding and interesting. I also have a bit of OCD when it comes to art, i cant leave it alone until im sure its done to the best of my abilities :D try putting on some music in the background instead? or try a movie or tv show you have already watched a few times, make it a good one tho... you dont wanna bore yourself outta your mind :p

I have no problem staying focused since I LOVE doing creative stuff because I am an artist. :p If I had all the required material and didn't have to worry about ANYTHING else such as working or taking care of things around the house, I would spend all day, every day working on my costume! So for me, staying focused isn't the problem, it's the material, money and other responsibilities that keep me from working on it as much as I want.

I find it easy to stay focused because at my point in my build I have pieces in every different stage of building so I can choose to sand, paint, fiberglass, rondo, resin, or pep, depending on what I want to do.

If pepping is what is making you bored, like it was for me, dish out 200 bucks if you can and get a CraftROBO Silhouette SD. I pepped a 40 page chest with it in like 2 or 3 hours. It has payed for itself already. Without it I think I'd barely have half my suit done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back