how high can be a spartan ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herzleid

Jr Member
how bigger can be a spartan ???

We all know that a spartan [II] exceeds 2 meters tall, since they were genetically altered and training, but how they looks like .. here's a picture taken of the new Intel on bungie..

To give us an idea of how impressive their height would be.. even if we saw from afar

spartanproject.png

We all know that a spartan [II] exceeds 2 meters high, since they were genetically altered and training, but how they looks like .. here's a picture taken of the new Intel on bungie..

To give us an idea of how impressive their height would be.. even if we saw from afar

spartanproject.png

There is ALOT of inconsistancies with the size, for example, of masterchief. Most say that he's 7' in armor, while some say he's 7'2 (can't be since it's said in Fall of Reach, that MC was not the biggest, whilst Jorge stands at 7'2) Out of armor, he's been said to be 6'6" (my height :D ) and a pair of halo made dogtags I got says 6'10"

True, but is probably part of the magic of this, even though we have references of the high for the spartan based on the books.. everyone can imagine a spartan as imposing as one wishes;
As far as I was the tallest of the Spartan II was Sam

I think the thing to take in account is he might be on some sort of platform (unseen). Something that's making him seem taller than he really is.

spartaniimjolnirmkvartw.jpg

I have the full photo here and there is no platform. Honestly i just think it's a fantasized idea of how impressively large they are it's more stylized than anything. It's about like the poster
included with halo 3 showing the arbiter towering above MC.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/360prophecy/1498579834/

I don't think it's meant to be exact or over analyzed as much as it is to just be a fascinating picture.
n3spartaniimjolnirmkvartwj
n3spartaniimjolnirmkvartwj

Wow that spartan is realy really massive
the normal spartan are of 2 meters or 2.10 meters
the bigger spartan is seen is jorge 052 he is of 2.23 meters

when they were doing the life sized statues of noble team at E3, they said jorge was 8' tall, is this correct? or is Mcfarlane wrong?

I think they're wrong.

But caption!

"Alright, Chief. I'm just gonna plug this into your chest and we'll get a readout."
*Looks down at the technican* "You did not just plug a PSP Go into my chest piece, did you?"
"Um...Noooo?"

One thing that I think needs to be taken into account is realistic VS fantasy. It's very obvious that throughout the stories, they depict Spartans as being massive beings. They are, but with fantasy comes exaggeration of the truth and making things seem alot bigger than they actually are. That painting, although really cool, is an over-exaggeration (In my opinion) of an average spartan's size.

From what I recall from Fall of Reach, the children abducted were ALREADY growing larger than normal then those around them. Example being that John was a "head" taller than the other kids he was playing with when Halsey went to see him. From that alone, I feel it would be safe to say that the actual height of a Spartan is more their original natural growth, rather than the augmentations. The augmentations gave them increased muscle mass, and I do not recall it actually increasing their height.

Actually, That height of that spartan seems right to what they are said to be. My friend is 7 foot 2. and i am 5 foot 11. That's about slightly off. I stand about where the center part is on the chest piece So they must be about 5' 6- 5' 8

We are also thinking of North American standards for hight.
Compared to your average North American they would look tall but not massively so.
However put against say a Aisian standard hight and they would look freekishly tall

For example I'm six foot tall, add a foot worth of foam to hight, add two Asians

http://m.flickr.com/photos/8379712@N02/505196650/

EDIT:

I dont want to say this. but dont Necro post. Seriously.

Damn it people quit bringing up old posts! I get suckered into thinking they are new because they come up when I click the what's new button

Now that I think about it, maybe that spartan is only 6'5 or so, and the technicians just happen to be Asian....

Old thread, closing.
And just to close it up proper here's a scale comparison from Method Studios, using info provided to them by Bungie:
MethodStudiosSpartanCompare.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back