How Much Detail Is Enough?

How Much Detail?

• hey, its.. green stuff... on ur body!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • are you like an aliens guy?? (coloniel marines)

• un-modded game model level

• "some" indented line and raised

• smoothed, all of details, color's correct

• wow, you even made an undersuit!?

• Holy Crap, you have radios + HUDs? Your weapons fire??

• AMG WERE BEIN INVADED!! RUNNNNN

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

treduder

Jr Member
Hey guys im just gettin around to planning the detail on my suit out.. since im scratchbuildin on top of card there's a lot thats gonna be added by hand.. how much should I add?

but also i guess i wonder like if we show up somewhere and want to be a group.. should we make people have like so much accurate stuff?? I mean like other groups have you know rules and stuff, shouldnt we too? like should we make people round pep folds out with bondo, get colors perfect, etc etc?

The 405th is not yet official. You and I are not members of the 405th division infantry. We're just forum members.

The level of detail is up to you. Better do more than not enough. If such rules are implented one day, if your armor looks like a cereal box, you're more likely to be refused.

How much detail you say? Why, whatever you want. You can put as little or as much detail as you want.

We're not yet offical, so there are no officiated official rules yet, officially.

RadioaciveMicrobe said:
We're not yet offical, so there are no officiated official rules yet, officially.

i lol'd!

I wish I could know that im not wasting my time is all :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Just as the above have said, it doesn't matter. Me? I plan to add as much detail and try to make my armor as accurate as possible. But, in reality, if you are going the pep route, the high detail files really don't need much added to look good. :)

And, just like what's been said, the 405th isn't official. There are no official members nor are there any official gatherings or anything of the like. Does that mean you can't get together with other members of the forums that live near you? Of course not, but it won't be an official 405th assembly.

I don't really understand what you guys are saying, we're not part of the 405th?

Do you mean that, unless we're in the Elite board, we're not 'True' 405th members? Correct?

OrrionCarn said:
I don't really understand what you guys are saying, we're not part of the 405th?

Do you mean that, unless we're in the Elite board, we're not 'True' 405th members? Correct?

no it means, if I understand correctly, 405th isn't recognized by bungie or Microsoft. so we can't legally say that we are a costuming group, but this is a site with a forum on making armor and costumes, it is a bit confusing.

The charter is not done yet. When it will be release, some rules will come with it. Costumes regulation, age regulation.

That's why we are not 405th members, yet.

LastSpartan said:
The charter is not done yet. When it will be release, some rules will come with it. Costumes regulation, age regulation.

dude.. is that you in your avatar?? it cracks me up SO much.

Aww man. I didn't hear anything about this. I hope adam takes into consideration all the younger guys that show some potential (me hopefully?) :( Ahhwell, I guess I'll just have to get moving on my suit, get it done, and hope he sets the age requirement low enough. I trust your judgment adam ;)

Oh wow sorry, more to the point of the thread, I would think that a costume should be... in the words of Rob westerfield..."a costume that should be immediately recognizable as whatever it is supposed to be" lol :lol: So basically, enough detail so that it looks good, but anything over the top is up to you and how much "100% accuracy" you want. Good luck! ;)

That's what I was afraid of... I'm 17, hope I can still make armor when this passes :p .

I'd hate to have,

"Oh! You're not old enough, you can't make armor for one more year, when you're 18, you can. If you don't listen to us and make armor when you're 17 instead of 18, we will sue your A$$ off!

Love,
Microsoft"

:D

I like Detail IT makes people look at you and say Master Chief, not wow nice costume.
I’m going to make my rogue helmet As detailed as possible.

OrrionCarn said:
That's what I was afraid of... I'm 17, hope I can still make armor when this passes :p .
Charter or not, club or not. This site is here so ANYONE can learn to and make their own Halo inspired props and costumes.

As for detail, that's a personal bar you have to set for yourself, but remember that you can always improve upon your armors later. Many members continue to keep adding and improving on their works even after they think they've finished.

23Magnum said:
Charter or not, club or not. This site is here so ANYONE can learn to and make their own Halo inspired props and costumes.

As for detail, that's a personal bar you have to set for yourself, but remember that you can always improve upon your armors later. Many members continue to keep adding and improving on their works even after they think they've finished.

Very true..
I recently found a bunch of mini stainless steel snap latches that match the ones used to close up armor sections like the boots, thighs and legs. They're very low profile and I think they'll look great.
[attachment=8621:latch.jpg]

OrrionCarn said:

I'd hate to have,

"Oh! You're not old enough, you can't make armor for one more year, when you're 18, you can. If you don't listen to us and make armor when you're 17 instead of 18, we will sue your A$$ off!

Love,
Microsoft"

:D

Even when the 405th becomes "official" remember, we are all doing it right now! Fan made reproductions are the basic right of all "fan-boys" out there... unless you are toting around claiming to be the "official" (insert your armor type here), you are the same (only much cooler due to the nature of our armor) as all the Star Wars fans out there making fan films and strutting around in their SW gear.

The fan based costume community is an extensive entity that none can kill off due to copyright infringement.

Remember: if the official work is changed 30% or more, it becomes an original work. So until anyone of us builds a point for point piece of licenced property, all the pep files - all the scratch built - all the sculpted modeled armor - it is all an artists rendering. You'll be safe from the cease and desist nightmare.

Fan based armor was being built before, and shall continue being built...

LONG LIVE THE 405TH!!!! (sorry... soap box away for awhile)

Das Brutus said:
Remember: if the official work is changed 30% or more, it becomes an original work. So until anyone of us builds a point for point piece of licenced property, all the pep files - all the scratch built - all the sculpted modeled armor - it is all an artists rendering. You'll be safe from the cease and desist nightmare.

I know Sid from NAS will disagree with that LOL

Knox. said:
people look at you and say Master Chief, not wow nice costume.
Wow.... i must say that is the most beautiful way to put it lol
I hope when i walk around as iron man i hear "hey look its iron man"
not "cool costume"

EDIT: oh and TRERIBAD- LastSpartans avatar is Mr. Bean ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back