how much would a helmet comission run me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyatt

Ok, I personally know that I right now don't have the proper equipment to make a scout helmet look right. So i was wondering what it would cost to have
somebody make one for me. Don't worry, i will take no credit for it. in fact i will probably whore out the name and
put a bumper sticker on my but plate. if anybody is able to keep it around the $200 range it would
be super, just comment or E-mail me if anybody has an idea.

you're probably not going to be happy with the quality for $200. It could get you a pepakura scout probably.

daystar558 said:
you can make a whole suit for 200, but if you just want an amazing helmet, go with a spase or bluerealm helmet.....
ok, do you have a link to the peparuka, I forgot about that program. Thanks, now i just need to put this on my pc, at my parents house for vacation working on a macbook..

Last edited by a moderator:
daystar558 said:
you can make a whole suit for 200, but if you just want an amazing helmet, go with a spase or bluerealm helmet.....
alright, but i think i might just go with the peparuka one once i find the scout one.

no problem, if you can find the files in a pdf format, you can open those on a mac, but someone else will know more about that than me......

Adam said:
you're probably not going to be happy with the quality for $200. It could get you a pepakura scout probably.
sorry, i meant pepakura. not on the ball today.

daystar558 said:
no problem, if you can find the files in a pdf format, you can open those on a mac, but someone else will know more about that than me......
yeah, so far the only pdf formatted one i have found is the markV helm, i just need to hunt down a scout helm pdf. thanks alot for your help man, I think i will put the pepakura MarkV together tonight to see how it fits.

If you get up a size reference I'll see what I can do, depending on my free time.

Don't expect miracles, but I'll try to put together a ready-printable PDF for you.

Wyatt said:
ok, do you have a link to the peparuka, I forgot about that program. Thanks, now i just need to put this on my pc, at my parents house for vacation working on a macbook..
Macbooks can run PC programs by using Boot Camp or Paralells, I'm using Virtual PC on my older Powerbook G4. Check Apples' site or the Apple Store for more info. :)

Primal Weyland said:
If you get up a size reference I'll see what I can do, depending on my free time.

Don't expect miracles, but I'll try to put together a ready-printable PDF for you.
that would be so great if you could, I will consider it a miracle. By size reference you mean the helmet or my head? my face from chin to top of forehead is 10inches, and diameter
of the largest part of my head is 23 inches. just tell me if you would like me to repay you in some way.

Wyatt said:
that would be so great if you could, I will consider it a miracle. By size reference you mean the helmet or my head? my face from chin to top of forehead is 10inches, and diameter
of the largest part of my head is 23 inches. just tell me if you would like me to repay you in some way.

Helmet size will do - if you can give me the full sizings for your helm, I'll do my best to make a ready-printable model for you.

Are you working using A4 paper or letter paper?

Primal Weyland said:
Helmet size will do - if you can give me the full sizings for your helm, I'll do my best to make a ready-printable model for you.

Are you working using A4 paper or letter paper?
I was thinking about printing the letter paper and putting it on a more durable board like cardboard or foam board, put fiberglass the inside of it and sand it. I have some latex paint I was using for something else, but I am not sure if I want to use it on this helmet.There is a balaclava helmet liner I use for another costume that I can wear inside of it, it is microfiber so it is a little thin. hey, do you think a one piece wraparound sunglass lense would be easier for this helmet, or should i stick with a faceplate?

Primal Weyland said:
A faceplate would be far more sturdy in the long run, but that depends on your personal choice.
ok, i found an ambercolored faceplate for a decent price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back