How should I scale my ODST helmet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toasterblast

I'm working on making the ODST/COMM helmet from MCC Halo 3 into a printable and wearable model, and I just want to get a good idea of how big it should be. Are there certain measurements I should take to scale it right? Thanks.

Hey Toaster, take a look at this currently active thread:

A program many of us would recommend is Armorsmith - it allows you to create a virtual avatar of yourself based on your measurements, and you can import 3D files and scale them for 3D printing (or unfolding). Cost some dollarydoos but it can save you a bunch of time and wasted material

I fourth it! Armorsmith is good for helmets, but I've had some issues with body parts (like my longer than average arms)

Some 3D print files are good right off the bat (like the ODST one in my profile pic), but another thing I've done to check measurements was to load the helmet file into a slicing program like Cura along with a 3D print file of a ruler that measures centimeters (cm). Then I just rotate and move the ruler around to make sure its good for me. Mainly around the openings of pieces, like the holes for your limbs

I fourth it! Armorsmith is good for helmets, but I've had some issues with body parts (like my longer than average arms)

Some 3D print files are good right off the bat (like the ODST one in my profile pic), but another thing I've done to check measurements was to load the helmet file into a slicing program like Cura along with a 3D print file of a ruler that measures centimeters (cm). Then I just rotate and move the ruler around to make sure its good for me. Mainly around the openings of pieces, like the holes for your limbs
I second everything in there. Its fantastic for helmets, but when you're 6' 4" with long legs it can get really funny to work with.

I second everything in there. Its fantastic for helmets, but when you're 6' 4" with long legs it can get really funny to work with.
I feel that. I'm 6'5", with long legs and a long torso. My spartan is gonna look a wee bit ridiculous...

I feel that. I'm 6'5", with long legs and a long torso. My spartan is gonna look a wee bit ridiculous...
Same. I’m on something like revision 4 of the leg pieces and I may end up redoing the torso

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back