How to modify a pepakura file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRH84325

Hey, so I'm interested in figuring out how to modify a pepakura file so when it creates the 2d, printable version of it I can adjust how it unfolds. My friend and I are interested in trying to build some Spartan armors, but his helmet is tricky. When we adjusted the scale to fit him, the helmet unfolds in large, skinny pieces that span several pages and is a pain to put together. Is there a way to modify the file so it unfolds into smaller, fatter chunks that are easier to work with?

Thanks.

Additional information; the helmet we are having trouble with is the Helioskrill helmet. I have build my own pepakura helmet already which is a air assault type and I didn't have any trouble with that one.

Hi, so to modify pepakura files you need to use the designer version of the software which requires a paid licence,
If you have this then the following should solve your problem,
Select the join/disjoin face option by right clicking on the right hand menu:
joining.PNG

You can now edit how the piece is unfolded:
A red line will indicate joining the face, one click to start, then move your mouse to change the direction of the join (which part moves to the other)
red.PNG

A green line indicates splitting a face.
green.PNG

Hopefully this is the information you need, good luck.

you also want to cut down those giant size tabs!!!! I would size them to no more than 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back