How to mount the visor in the helmet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, i just got my clear visor for my Model, but have no idea how to mount it on the inside. as you can tell from my avatar the Helmet is ready to accept one, but i don't know and can't find out how to through searching mount it.
How have some of you done it?
It's clear because i'm just using the helmet as a model to make a mold so i can pull some plastic casts and didn't need the fancy gold one yet.

Thanks,

-Justin

me too. Ide love to put mine in their well and tight but i want to be able to take it out tiothout damaging if another great visor method becomes available.

I'm assuming that was designed as a permanent solution.

As a temporary solution, I may suggest a lower-temperature hot glue, or perhaps strong double-sided adhesive tape, depending on how easily you want the visor to be removable (if at all).

On my CardBrd. Helm (the one i have on in my pic), i used the industial velcro(?) it seems to work good.

I would have to agree, start in the center using small dabs of hot glue, and work your way from the center out, working both top and bottom alittle at a time. Work evenly side to side so as not to cause a twisting effect.

You can use hot glue, the shape of the helmet just holds the visor in place, but the hot glue secures it so it will never come loose, but for me, I have a few helmets which use 1 visor, I use velcro with sticky back sides, I use the same pattern for all the helmets so the visor can be removed and used in many helmets.

What i don't get is where i'm supposed to glue it.
Like the brim isn't thick and isn't to much to hold on to. But i guess i'll have to experiment.

-Justin

Temporarily hold it on with tape, then the sports that dont touch the visor, fill it with hot glue or caulk, glob it in so it touches the visor and the inside of the helmet.

Hot glue works well, it can be a paint to use however. I've burnt my fingertips a number of times.

If you don't want a perminant visor you can use Chicago screws on the inside of the helemt that alows you to take the visor out to clean or replace when needed. Here is a pic of what I mean, I use it in 3 of my clone helmets.

100_3732.jpg

CMANavy said:
Hot glue works well, it can be a paint to use however. I've burnt my fingertips a number of times.

If you don't want a perminant visor you can use Chicago screws on the inside of the helemt that alows you to take the visor out to clean or replace when needed. Here is a pic of what I mean, I use it in 3 of my clone helmets.

100_3732.jpg
Very cool,
but i am looking in the lines of permanent visor.
But i think i'll use your technique in my other projects i've got going, thanks!

-Justin

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back