How to put it all together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

barakori

I'm sure this was already answered, but I couldn't find it, whatever I searched for (not sure what the right search terms are...)

I'm in the process of making a Halo 4 costume for my son. I used a combination of 3D printing and cardstock / pepakura.
Now that I have most of the parts, I'm not sure how to "hook everything up".

I assume my son will wear some clothe, and over it the many armor parts, but how can I make sure all the parts are in place and don't move / fall?
The torso part is not a problem, but I'm looking for recommendations on how to secure the leg / arm pieces in place.

Any tips?

Thanks.

I'd recommend some straps to keep the pieces in right places and some snaps/velcro to keep them so (so they don't turn around)

I mainly use velcro for attaching all my parts. Get the wide stuff at 1" thick. The extra size helps it grip better. Then just attach one part to the armor and the other part to the undersuit you choose to use.

I haven't field tested my suit but I've been getting it all built and ready for paint. So far I've used a combination of almost everything: snaps(like the way you fasten baby clothes), buckles, magnets, and velcro. Hopefully I take the full suit on a test run it'll all sit right on me.

what we did for my Tex was use web strapping and plastic buckles. then made a belt for my waist with more buckles to attach the thigh and shin pieces. I plan to make another part that will act as suspenders that will come up and over my shoulders to help hold up the belt. I wore my armour this weekend and belt road down my waist making my leg armour shift down on to my boots damaging them.

I hope that helps

- - - Updated - - -

and i almost forgot, velcro is your friend. I have a comfortable pair of tennis shoes that i wear and all the boot armour is velcroed on so i dont have crappy shoes on that hurt my feet when i walk around for multiple hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back