How to wear your feet peices

Status
Not open for further replies.

AoBfrost

I dont have pictures for this tutorial so bear with me....

Even if your foot peice left/right is scaled and fits you, it may not fit the shoe you choose to wear with your armor. The easiest way to make it fit is to cut the middle paper that connects the toe piece to the angle piece.

Now you have 2 pieces for your foot Ankle and toe.

Slide your shoe into the ankle piece to see if you can fit your foot through, if you cant put your shoe on while it's in the ankle piece, cut the bottom of the angle piece roughly until it slides on and off your show easily.

Once the piece can be fit on and off the show easily, put your thigh and calf peices on first, then slide on the ankle peice without your shoe on, because it slides on and off easily, place it higher than your ankle temporarily.

Once the ankle piece is sitting above your ankle, slide your show on tie/velcro your show and slide the ankle piece down, now you can attach the toe peice to the shoe too, it just slides on and off.

END/

I recommend cutting the ankle and toe piece's bottom off, it makes it easier and more natrual to walk, plus you wont bend the pieces when your foot curves.

Also to make sure they stay on, just use velcro or straps to keep them on your shoe.

I would actually suggest permanently fixing a boot/show into the boot cover.

For instance, I went out to Steve and Barry's and got a pair of black boots for 15 bucks. I used 1 minute set epoxy, and glued the soles to the bottoms of the covers. I then took ablack foamie, and glued it to the back half of the boot cover, but left the toe piece unattached so that it can bend and strech, but still remain there. Then epoxy the toe piece the same way the back piece is.

This is what I got (and the to of the boot should be covered by your pant, so no need to hack the boot up):

20a2utz.jpg

But see, fiberglass and resin being so easily breakable with some force, it's hard to fit the foot into the shoe/ankle hole like that, I tried on mine with my shoe and I almost broke it, so I backed off and hacked it up a bit, it makes walking easier also, so you dont warp the bottom of the foot peice.

AoBfrost said:
But see, fiberglass and resin being so easily breakable with some force, it's hard to fit the foot into the shoe/ankle hole like that, I tried on mine with my shoe and I almost broke it, so I backed off and hacked it up a bit, it makes walking easier also, so you dont warp the bottom of the foot peice.

Well, I built my suit somewhat bigger for a closer master chief appearance, so therefor I have the room to fit into a boot/show without fighting against the size of the ankle hole.

Did you put your shoe in the boot cover before rather than trying to slide the entire shoe in? If you tried to fit an entire shoe through that hole, either it's gonna break, or not fit.

I also used a boot for that reason, as you can see some give at the top. Only the bottom 4 eyes are laced or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
I slid the show in from the middle, not the ankle hole, but slid in like that, it fits great, but putting it on with my bare foot was impossible, thats why I hacked the bottom off the ankle peice, all I need to do is slide on the ankle, velcro the shoe on, then velcro the toe piece on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back