Hp Support *sigh* New: More Craziness In 1st Post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinnishSpartan

I re-contacted them, the lenght of the chat session was a total of 2 hours 45 minutes:

EPIC FAIL

Sakari Tikander : Backup in 'safe mode'

[An agent will be with you shortly.]
[You are now chatting with Hurdya .]
Hurdya : Hello Sakari.
Hurdya : Welcome to HP Total Care for chat support.

Sakari Tikander : Hello Hurdya
Sakari Tikander : I am experiencing a problem backing up my computer from safe mode.
Sakari Tikander : I cannot access the backup and restore center. And cannot access the Advanced control panel view.

Hurdya : Oh I see.

Sakari Tikander : It should work, since it shouldnt be a driver issue. (since safe mode only limits the use of drivers)
Sakari Tikander : I could back everything up manually, but it is very time consuming to restore all the files.

Hurdya : Due to technical difficulties at my end, I was unable to interact. I apologize for the delay.

Sakari Tikander : No worries.

Hurdya : Thank you.

Sakari Tikander : If you need time to think about something please tell me to wait so that i know you are still there. Unless it's possible.

Hurdya : Sure, I will do.
Hurdya : Sakari, please let me know what exactly you are trying to do.

Sakari Tikander : I am trying to use Microsofts backup software to backup my computer before re-formatting. I am unable to access this software (i click to open software and nothing happens)
Sakari Tikander : The "Backup and restore" function.

Hurdya : Thank you for the information.
Hurdya : Which Operating System is installed in your system? Is it XP or Vista?

Sakari Tikander : It is Windows Vista (safe mode).

Sakari Tikander : Safe mode, build version 6000.
Sakari Tikander : (to be precise)

Hurdya : May I have 3-4 minutes while I search the information for you?

Sakari Tikander : Sure, this will be fine as stated above.

Hurdya : Thank you for your time and patience.

Sakari Tikander : You are welcome

Hurdya : Sakari, just to confirm, please let me know what happens when you trying to take back up.

Sakari Tikander : I cannot even access the microsoft backup software.
Sakari Tikander : I could make a manual backup, but restoring all the files would be alot more time consuming.

Hurdya : Okay.

Sakari Tikander : I am trying to use this software: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_Restore
Sakari Tikander : (copy and paste the link to a new browser)

Hurdya : Thank you for the additional information.
Hurdya : Sure, I am checking the weblink.

Sakari Tikander : I am sorry, i may have given you a wrong link.
Sakari Tikander : I am trying to access the software in the following tutorial: http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/100253-r...ckup-files.html

Hurdya : Thank you for the information.
Hurdya : Sakari, please let me know why are you trying in safe mode?

Sakari Tikander : Because my computers graphic card crashes each time when i boot in the regular mode.
Sakari Tikander : Sometimes causing a 'Microsoft stop error screen' (blue screen of death) and ALLWAYS crashing the computer.
Sakari Tikander : Graphic card crashes --> (error screen --> ) forced shut down.

Hurdya : Oh I see.

Sakari Tikander : I am also experiencing the issue to not access all the options in the 'classic view' of control panel (where the software is located)

Hurdya : Sakari, to take back up and restore of the computer please refer the below weblink:
Hurdya : http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial145.html

Sakari Tikander : Yeah, i know i have to paste it, please dont type that...
Sakari Tikander : (or click the button to let your c omputer automatically type it for you)

Hurdya : NOTE: However, this will take you to a third party site.. HP does not control and is not responsible for information outside of the HP Web site.
Hurdya : Sakari, plesae open the above weblink and please try to perform the steps.
Hurdya : Then those steps will help you to take back up and restore the data and files.

Sakari Tikander : I am trying to do this, the problem is that my computer wont react when i press "baclup and restore center"

Hurdya : please perform the steps and if the issue persists then get back to us we will assist you further.

Sakari Tikander : My problem is that i cannot perform the steps because my computer will not open that software, that is why i contacted you!
Sakari Tikander : And in the links above, i posted a third party tutorial wich is almost identical to this one.
Sakari Tikander : *face palm*
Sakari Tikander : Please dont type: Is there anything else that I can assist you with today?

Hurdya : Sakari, please try to login as administrator and kindly check.
Hurdya : You may able to perform those steps.

Sakari Tikander : I am the only user on my computer =/
Sakari Tikander : (And the administrator)

Hurdya : Okay.

Sakari Tikander : I think the problem is somehow related to safe mode.But it should work because the 'safe mode' has been designed for incidents like this.
Sakari Tikander : Never mind, you are obviously incapable of resolving my issue. Do you guys work in India?
Hurdya : I am sorry to inform that due to technical difficulties at my end, I was unable to interact. I apologize for the delay.
Sakari Tikander : Please do not click on the link directly in the chat window. Please copy the entire URL and paste it in a new window of Internet Explorer. Then open the link from there.

Hurdya : Sakari, in this case I suggest you to please take back up your personla data and files and perform full restore.
Hurdya : And after perform full restore it will automatic install the all software and applications.

Sakari Tikander : Well, okay. i will make a manual back up then. It's amazing, i have hundereds of software installed. It is going to take hours to install it all from a manual backup.

Hurdya : After that you can restore your personal data and filsa which you took back up early.

Sakari Tikander : Well whatever, thank you for your non-existant help.

Hurdya : I am sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
Hurdya : Is there anything else that I can assist you with today?

Sakari Tikander : Have a good morning.
Sakari Tikander : I told you not to type that.
Sakari Tikander : fetch another wimp to help you get your paycheck

-----------------------------------------------------------------
After spending half an hour on the phone and a dozen calls (call toll was a total of 70USD, OMG) to the retailer and HP
This is what i came up with:

EVERYONE GUESS WHAT, I FOUND A WHOLE IN THE SYSTEM TO GET MY PC FIXED!!
According to EU (European Union) standarts, all electronic devices less then 2 years old have to be fixed by the manufacter if the technical problem is not caused by the user (aka. Me throwing my laptop out of the window).

THANK GOD!! I always hated the EU standarts, finally they work for me! :)
(Allthough they didnt allow me to register my motorcycle to Finland, i lost 5000USD... Grrrrrrr... F****** EU standarts!)

-FSS

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, so i get a problem with my graphics card... :(
(im Sakari Tikander)

Problem note : The Nvidia Geforce graphic card keeps crashing.
[An agent will be with you shortly.]
[You are now chatting with Darryl .]
Sakari Tikander : Hello Darryl
Darryl : Welcome to HP Total Care for Notebooks.
Darryl : I understand that you are unable to install Graphics driver in the Notebook .
Darryl : Am I Right?
Sakari Tikander : I am able to install the drivers. My problem is that my graphic card started crashing 2 days ago.
Sakari Tikander : I have reinstalled the drivers, updated the drivers.
Sakari Tikander : It has not solved my solution, i am worried that this might be an Hardware issue, but since my
notebook works in safe mode, i doubt it.

Sakari Tikander : Do you have any solutions what might be wrong? I have updated my BIOS too.
Darryl : Let me confirm, are you able to boot the Notebook into windows normally?
Sakari Tikander : No
Sakari Tikander : My notebook will not boot into the windows vista (32bit) unless booted in 'safe mode'
Sakari Tikander : When i boot my notebook, the graphic card crashes. Sometimes followed by the 'Microsoft error
screen' (blue screen of death)
Sakari Tikander : Are you with me? (I wait for 8 minutes)

Darryl : Yes.
Darryl : I suggest you to take backup of the important data in the Notebook and then reset Notebook to factoru settings to resolve the issue.
Sakari Tikander : This is an option i have already used.
Darryl : May I know from where you purchased the Notebook ?
Sakari Tikander : Finland. I contacted their support too, but at this time of the night they are closed.
Sakari Tikander : Since my notebook gave me more bits of Information (error note with 'graphic card stopped responding' i felt i should re-contact the support. As there might be some more information that you have.

Darryl : As you have already performed possible steps to isolate the issue and the issue persists, it is the issue with hardware malfunction and your Notebook needs to be diagnosed and reapired to resolve the issue.
Sakari Tikander : Are you sure? My notebook works fine in 'safe mode'?
Darryl : I suggest you to contact regional support in Finland , they will help you in this regard
Sakari Tikander : Yes, i will re-contact them. My warranty is over and the repair costs are more then a new notebook. So im not sure if i want to repair this issue.
Darryl : Here is the weblink for finland support:
Sakari Tikander : I am fully aware of the website
Darryl : http://welcome.hp.com/country/fi/fi/contact_us.html
Darryl : Please do not click on the link directly in the chat window. Please copy the entire URL and paste it in a new window of Internet Explorer. Then open the link from there.
Darryl : Okay.
Darryl : Is there anything else that I can assist you with today?
Sakari Tikander : f*** you
-----------------------------------------------------

Im really pissed right now, i really dont want to purchase a new notebook.
And why does it seem that everything i buy breaks one week after the warranty expires?!
-FSS

Last edited by a moderator:
too bad. well, you can always prank the chat guy, just to see if its a robot.

Me: I accidentally the whole laptop, is this bad?
Him:Accidentally what?
Me:The whole laptop!

god, get me off of 4chan.

Im pretty sure half of the stuff he typed was an automated message... Since it came instantly on the screan.
When the chat box said "He is typing" it took like 5 minutes for him to type a sentence...

Sad face! *sob*sob*sob*sob*sob*sob*sob*sob*sob*sob*sob*sob*sob*sob*sob*sob*sob*sob*sob*sob
sob*sob*sob*sob*sob*sob*sob*sob*sob*sob*sob*sob*sob*sob*sob*sob*sob*sob*sob*sob*
ob*sob*sob*sob*sob*sob*

-FSS

rvb4life said:
too bad. well, you can always prank the chat guy, just to see if its a robot.

Me: I accidentally the whole laptop, is this bad?
Him:Accidentally what?
Me:The whole laptop!

god, get me off of 4chan.

Matt, you need some serious counseling

And Finnish, sorry about your luck.

I had the same problem, but I never figured out, sorry.
(Where can I find this chat you guys use to prank some dude <__<)

Im really Saaaaaaaaaaad Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaace...
I contact the the support in Finland, and the US, and all i get is people who are less experienced then me =(
Abd my warranty is worn out, i guess i need to buy a new computer... I really wouldnt like to do that since i have been saving alot of money for something recently... Well, this time i will get an extended 4 year warranty... :(

Guess i need to move some of my armor projects to a further date too :(

-FSS

I suggest to avoid this problem, you stay away from HP. I've never liked them. They are just about as bad as buying an eMachine. Actually, I think eMachine is a better system. HP isn't known for their laptops.

I have been a loyal customer of HP for 8 years and they have never let me down...
-----------------------

EVERYONE GUESS WHAT, I FOUND A WHOLE IN THE SYSTEM TO GET MY PC FIXED!!
According to EU (European Union) standarts, all electronic devices less then 2 years old have to be fixed by the manufacter if the technical problem is not caused by the user (aka. Me throwing my laptop out of the window).

THANK GOD!! I always hated the EU standarts, finally they work for me! :)
(Allthough they didnt allow me to register my motorcycle to Finland, i lost 5000USD... Grrrrrrr... F****** EU standarts!)

-FSS

As a general rule my family sticks to Dell, although i do get crusified for it CONNNSTANTLY from friends. What bums.

With regards to your comment about why your thing always breaks RIGHT when the warranty gives up? I have information.

I've been married to this theory of mine for several years, and it always seems to make sense. I call it

The Evil Warranty People Theory​

The idea behing this theory is that in all electronic devices is a small beacon. It keeps track of your warranty and sends all the information you have back to the "Evil Warranty HQ". This is where some Evil Warranty Men sit and wait, and when your warranty expires they will push a big red button and said electronic device with break.

It's real, and don't forget it. Glad you found a loophole though! That'll tick'em off :lol:

BlacRoseImmortal said:
Matt, you need some serious counseling
know whats funny? my friend is now afraid of me.

And Sakari, dont buy an HP or Gateway. Use Dell (though they have been known to explode), or build your own (desktop i mean)

rvb4life said:
know whats funny? my friend is now afraid of me.
And Sakari, dont buy an HP or Gateway. Use Dell (though they have been known to explode), or build your own (desktop i mean)
I prefer non exploding laptops... And seriously guys, I have had 5 HP computers in the past 8 years, and this is the 1st time i break one, how are you guys to judge that HP sucks?
The customer support is great when you make a a phone call (but costs, 1.59 dollars a minute).
I have never had a problem so far.

From the point i see, you cant even change the RAM chips in a dell, because they are soldered :cautious:

-FSS

have you checked how much hard drive space you used up? that can screw with your computer as a whole big time. I went through 2 junky and old desktops before i figured that one out :rolleyes

rvb4life said:
have you checked how much hard drive space you used up? that can screw with your computer as a whole big time. I went through 2 junky and old desktops before i figured that one out :rolleyes
Im using a total of 1TB of saving memory on my notebook (2x520GB hard drives).
Im lucky to have a 1PB server, i will have plenty of room to back-up.

-FSS

I have a Dell and I can change my RAM. I changed it 3 times now.

Consumer service is free here.

And I had 1 HP before and it broke like I said. For me, 2000$ and it breaks, its sucks.

LastSpartan said:
I have a Dell and I can change my RAM. I changed it 3 times now.

Consumer service is free here.

And I had 1 HP before and it broke like I said. For me, 2000$ and it breaks, its sucks.
Well, as i said my HP experience has been great, the Finnish customer service is awesome (free, only if warranty has not been expired). Im a bit dissatisfied with the American chat service though, doesnt work that great...
But in Europe the standarts for consumer care are alot higher then in the US since the EU enforces on private consumer safety and doesnt want the companies to screw over us... This does make everything alot more expensive though =/

Well, yeah my repair costs would have been 3000USD, im glad i could avoid that.
If HP wouldnt have given me the free service i would have called their boss and told him how i have been a loyal customer for 8 years, and will continiue to be if i get the free repair for an issue caused by the manufacter.

But seriously guys! I'm not going to change my Notebook because of this issue.
It's like saying: "Omg i got RROD, i will now change to PS3!" I bet some of you guys who posted in this thread and told me not to get HP, have got RROD (red rings of death) and havent changed to a PS3.

Im surely not going to do that, with my HP or my Xbox

-FSS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back