Huge Flaw In Halo: Reach That Needs Your Votes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purrie said:
What if there was an option added to the mute? Like, "What is the reason for muting this player? A. Offensive language B. Annoying voice C. Problem with microphone" etc etc. That way if a player has been muted for a reason that deserves a ban, then the appropriate actions can be taken, whereas the 'annoying voice' or mic problem can just be for you and no action is necessarily needed on their part?

It still would have a huge issue of being abused by people who think it's either funny to have someone mute banned or others who just skim through the list of reasons why they muted and just click X X X X to get through it all. We have a mute feature already, for a reason. we dont need to dramatize the situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
wait when does this ban reset like if i get muted 5 times in a day then 5 more times the next eventually ill get banned or does it reset every day.

box o crayons said:
wait when does this ban reset like if i get muted 5 times in a day then 5 more times the next eventually ill get banned or does it reset every day.

I dont know for sure. But i've been mute banned for over 5 days now

Purrie said:
What if there was an option added to the mute? Like, "What is the reason for muting this player? A. Offensive language B. Annoying voice C. Problem with microphone" etc etc. That way if a player has been muted for a reason that deserves a ban, then the appropriate actions can be taken, whereas the 'annoying voice' or mic problem can just be for you and no action is necessarily needed on their part?

I agree, but then you still have those people who will vote Offensive Language, when the player wast even cursing. I say its best to just leave out the ban. You have a mute option for a reason.

We already have a problem with people filing complaints against people they lose too. This isn't gonna help anything.

If I may add my $0.02 cents here I would love to. While I agree with you Ghost on the whole mute ban thing is a ticking time bomb for abuse and spam, I'd like to quote what you said on Bungie.net: "Some of these are getting banned for quitting a game too many times, or betraying team mates. These bans make sense. Quitting a game or betraying a team mate is ultimately a single persons fault, their own personal fault."

In all due respect Ghost, I am going to have to disagree on this. My LIVE connection is not the best, and at times in the middle of a game, it has disconnected my brother and I from our game. Which in turn, gave us negative experience points; and a 16% negative rep for "Quitting early." I can't help it, and the fact that I get penalized for something I can't control is completely absurd. I also have a thing with betrayals. While I never betray my team on purpose, there have been times when I have accidentally killed them. 0ne was that I threw a grenade at a zombie, but as soon as it was flying towards its undead target; a player and his guest get right in front of it and causing the grenade to bounce off of his back and land directly in front of all of us, causing the grenade to explode at its unintended targets thus killing me, the two players, and my brother. While I prayed they would understand and I tried to tell them it was an accident, I get the message: "You have been booted for team killing." I tried to send them a message to explain but to no avail. They simply did not respond, and they gave me negative rep. I hate getting negative rep for something I didn't mean to do. It makes me feel awful that players want to avoid me for an accident.

Also, is Bungie going to do anything about the current problem with people who already abuse the rep system? I have 15% negative rep for "Trash talking." This happened one day when I was playing Slayer with my brother and our friend against a three-player clan. We won and we said "Good game" to them. Yet as soon as I checked my rep I got negative rep for Trash talking! I was stunned at the immaturity this clan had! Its completely sad that these sore losers can't handle the fact that they lost, and they abused the rep system just in order to put down my team EVEN after we said "Good game!" I just hope Bungie can at least try to do something like have proof that so and so did this and that before it automatically gives said player negative rep.

Pilot92 said:
no sir, 4 of us

FIVE O_O

To the Above post by Tayl0r,

You still quit the match, and it's still a big issue even if it wasn't intended.

Also random people on XBL really don't care 98% of the time(I being one of those 2% that know when it's an accident) how or why they where betrayed, and just boot them anyway.

And I do like the Idea of a mute ban, Infact I love it. It just needs some fix'ns for it to work properly. I also don't mind it it doesn't make the retail version.

Yeah, it does need some modification to be more effective. If youre muted and dont know why, It can tell you the option that the person chose like:

High/Annoying voice

Rude/Loud/Disruptive talk/language

Scratchy Microphone

This is a raising issue, Before the beta ended i was mute banned in the middle of an Generator match, bloody hell my team just killed me because without my mic to arrange plans with other players i cant do anything.

Bungie please re-think this.

I never use my mike to talk to people or listen. The talk ban doesn't sound that bad to me especially after going to a friends house yesterday and having to listen to all these little kids whining about how their team sucked "comemon guuuuyyys pway better!" Another reason I don't like COD

Ghost147 said:
Thanks for all the comments, but please post on the original topic itself and vote as well. whichever your opinion may be, the more "noise" we make the more bungie will pay attention. They've already fixed the Invasion gametype to make it more fair, and that was DURING the beta.

This is different from the mute ban.

The Invasion bug was legitimately a bug, not an intended feature that allowed one player to rig a game to boost his/her own stats.

The mute ban, for intents and purposes, is functioning how they intend it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back