Hugh Holder's ODST pep scaling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yokim

Just to test that the Helmet was the right size for me I printed off the base, cut it out and put it around my head to see if it would fit. It only just barely does and I doubt the final model would so I pressed CTRL + L to scale it upward by 10%, which made the parts too big to fit on the paper. If I change from Letter to A4 it makes some of the pieces too large to fit on the paper.
scale.PNGscalk.PNG
------------Base-------------------------------------Misc. Part
Anyone know any solutions to this? All help will be appriciated!

Changing the paper type doesn't alter the scale of the build - A4 paper is slightly less wide, but larger from top to bottom (A4 paper 210x297mm is while Letter-sized paper is 215x279.4mm), so changing the paper size will make some pieces not fit.

You'll just have to move the pieces around to get them to fit on the pages again. I would personally recommend a file scale of around 290mm or so, depending on how large your head is. I've attached a copy of the file I personally used for my friend, you can go from there - it's A4 paper type, 290mm scale.

EDIT: I also moved the ridges from the file to leave you with the base ODST helm - you're welcome to re-add them yourself if you wanted to build Dutch's helmet instead.

Attachments

• ODST Helmet by Hugh A4.zip
    269 KB · Views: 222
Changing the paper type doesn't alter the scale of the build - A4 paper is slightly less wide, but larger from top to bottom (A4 paper 210x297mm is while Letter-sized paper is 215x279.4mm), so changing the paper size will make some pieces not fit.

You'll just have to move the pieces around to get them to fit on the pages again. I would personally recommend a file scale of around 290mm or so, depending on how large your head is. I've attached a copy of the file I personally used for my friend, you can go from there - it's A4 paper type, 290mm scale.

EDIT: I also moved the ridges from the file to leave you with the base ODST helm - you're welcome to re-add them yourself if you wanted to build Dutch's helmet instead.

Thanks so much! I'll have a go with this, just a quick question, do you know where the ua attachment fits onto the helmet? Not sure where to attatch it if I make it.

Thanks so much! I'll have a go with this, just a quick question, do you know where the ua attachment fits onto the helmet? Not sure where to attatch it if I make it.

You'll understand when you build the file - it goes together like a jigsaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back