Hunters In The Wire

Status
Not open for further replies.

marinesniper

Sr Member
Member DIN
S118
Hey everyone it has been a while finally got my legs back and i am here to contribute something i have been working on for a while. I have a problem the model i did is out of scale and when i set it for actual size its not right. But i will put up the link for the hunter and yes i did it in sketch up, but i figure with the talen we have here someone can help with the size:) . i have already printed a small one out and will get pictures of it up here. it is not a hd by any means. I hope you have fun with it, by the way if you want the break down arms legs chest pm me and i will send them to you.

now this is all the parts on one page at this link, pm me for break downs it has taken me almost 6 months to do this but its my first one useing sketch up. this link is in pep not sketch up form.

any comments on this project would be great :)

Thanks George

i have a feeling you didnt make this at all - all you did was separate the parts do the parts fit togethere ? also hunters size is

18 ft so 30 cm = 1 foot so 30 * 18 = 540 more or less

i know you didnt make this

youre missing huge chunks!!!!!

they wont fit nicely

Nice job, It looks pretty good. Now if I could only make a full sized pepped Hunter suit o_O now that would be crazy. Keep up the good work.

bigoz9 said:
Nice job, It looks pretty good. Now if I could only make a full sized pepped Hunter suit o_O now that would be crazy. Keep up the good work.

LIKE I SAID HE DIDNT MAKE IT

Last edited by a moderator:
godsarmor said:
i have a feeling you didnt make this at all - all you did was separate the parts do the parts fit togethere ? also hunters size is

they wont fit nicely

Dont make assumptions.
When you assume all you do is make an ass out of you and me. ass/u/me.

yea, he didnt make it but maby he was just posting it as a pep to make it available to people.
bdw, the missing peices are the wormy bits and the soft bits of the armour.

flying_squirl said:
yea, he didnt make it but maby he was just posting it as a pep to make it available to people.
bdw, the missing peices are the wormy bits and the soft bits of the armour.

Yah i know translate that to full size 18 ft thats like 3 ft hes missing well he took away

QUOTE(godsarmor @ Jan 11 2009, 11:14 AM) *

they wont fit nicely

Dont make assumptions.

yah he didnt make it u made an ass of u/self/notme

godsarmor said:

Was I flaming you? No, I was simply saying that making assumptions is not good without proper facts and evidence. I realize that you had a simple math equation, but it didnt prove that he didnt make it. Lets wait for the OP to clarify if he made it or not, if he says he did, and you still dont trust him, then go ahead and start again with your math.

godsarmor said:
Yah i know translate that to full size 18 ft thats like 3 ft hes missing well he took away
QUOTE(godsarmor @ Jan 11 2009, 11:14 AM) *

they wont fit nicely
Dont make assumptions.

well there now i would have never posted this file if i would have known you were going to raise a big thing about it!!!! Second of all it is my file i have a wife and son who have watched me build this thing from the start.. So i am sorry you feel i have posted someone elses work. But this will be the last thing i post here on the site. I will still watch things unfold but i will not post anything on the board. I have no doubt there are those who will post others work, but they will never feel the fullfilment of making your own stuff.

again i am sorry for this post getting out of control, if any one want to think it is someone elses file so be it. i can not change there minds.... Next i guess this guy is going to say the wort hog i did is someone elses too... I am sorry if i have offened anyone with this reply but it burns my butt to have someone say its not mine when i know i spent 5 months closer to 6 on this thing...

again sorry for the out of control post, everyone have a great day!
George

i was gonna let this lay but...

hunter01.jpg

hunter02.jpg

hunter03.jpg

ummmhmm.jpg

Don't forget the Hunter Armor Files that I'm currently workin' on:

Hunter Armor Files

This one is 81 inches tall I think but it has something like a 5 or 6 inch step on the bottom of the shoes so it'll probably fit a 75"-76" person. I'm still working on exporting the blue parts as the orange parts are where the undersuit would go.

George, please... don't feel like you're not welcome here.

I can understand how frustrating and insulting this sort of treatment can be (I've seen it happen more than once on other prop forums over the last eight years), but the fact of the matter is no matter where you go online you will always come across skeptical individuals like that.

Unfortunately, there's bound to be one or two rotten apples in any group that are going to cause waves. It's just part of the hobby where individual thoughts and opinions are involved.

Though I don't know you personally, you've certainly done some fine work with that Hunter armour, and I for one would definately like to see more of the same from you in future. After coming back from a long absence (much as I did recently), it would be a shame to let this one unpleasant instance force you away from here, or make you think you can't contribute in the way you want to.

In my opinion, everyone here in this thread, with the exception of one person, have acted appropriately. And now, for a few choice words for that one.

godsarmor, you were waaay out of line with what you said. What gives you the right to criticize another person's work in such a manner as to accuse them of it not being theirs? You made such an accusation without ANY concrete proof to the contrary. Sure, you were working off of some basic mathematical code, but what does that mean really?

Also, your incomplete knowledge of the actual design for the Hunter armour led you to an incorrect conclusion, since as Keegan pointed out the armour George has been working is complete; the parts you claim are "missing" are the worm-like body of the Hunter.

Like the saying goes "innocent until proven guilty", and George has done nothing to you or this community to warrant being treated in such an unfair manner. All he wanted to do was share something with everyone, but you felt it necessary to imply he was a liar, based on an entirely unfounded personal assumption.

Besides, in my personal opinion I haven't really seen you contribute much here yourself, dude. Therefore, I don't really think you have the right to say any such thing about someone else's work.

Put the shoe on the other foot, for a moment. I seriously doubt you'd appreciate being talked to and treated in such a way, so think about that before you do so to others.

godsarmor said:
LIKE I SAID HE DIDNT MAKE IT

if your going to accuse of someone of something you better have some proof to back your story up.

This reminds of the time that the guy who made a 08 Camaro model and everyone accused him of stealing it. Apparently, if two people make a 3D render of the exact same car, one of them has to be accused of stealing it from the other.

The guy never said he made the Hunter from scratch. He just said he had been "working" on it for a while, which could mean that all he did was edit the gooey bits out.

SPARTAN II said:
George, please... don't feel like you're not welcome here.

I can understand how frustrating and insulting this sort of treatment can be (I've seen it happen more than once on other prop forums over the last eight years), but the fact of the matter is no matter where you go online you will always come across skeptical individuals like that.

Unfortunately, there's bound to be one or two rotten apples in any group that are going to cause waves. It's just part of the hobby where individual thoughts and opinions are involved.

Though I don't know you personally, you've certainly done some fine work with that Hunter armour, and I for one would definately like to see more of the same from you in future. After coming back from a long absence (much as I did recently), it would be a shame to let this one unpleasant instance force you away from here, or make you think you can't contribute in the way you want to.

In my opinion, everyone here in this thread, with the exception of one person, have acted appropriately. And now, for a few choice words for that one.

godsarmor, you were waaay out of line with what you said. What gives you the right to criticize another person's work in such a manner as to accuse them of it not being theirs? You made such an accusation with ANY concrete proof to the contrary. Sure, you were working off of some basic mathematical code, but what does that prove?

Also, your knowledge of the actual design for the Hunter armour led you to an incorrect conclusion, since as Keegan pointed out the armour George has been working is complete; the parts you claim are "missing" are the worm-like body of the Hunter.

Like the saying goes "innocent until proven guilty", and George has done nothing to you or this community to warrant being treated in such an unfair manner. All he wanted to do was share something with everyone, but you felt it necessary to imply he was a liar, based on an unfounded personal assumption.

Besides, in my personal opinion I haven't really seen you contribute much here yourself, dude. Therefore, I don't really think you have the right to say any such thing about someone else's work.

Put the shoe on the other foot, for a moment. I seriously doubt you'd appreciate being talked to and treated in such a way, so think about that before you do so to others.

look youre right i just thought this wasnt his because i have had this file for like 2 months thats all if he says its hes again well i guess it is

and the math code well i was just helping marine out since in his comment he said he doesn't know the scale

GA, you may have a 3D file for the Hunter armour, but that doesn't mean it's the exact same one. I've been in this hobby long enough to know that when more than one person works on making the same thing, often times there can be many similiarities between thier individual works. It happens all the time.

Hell, I've been in the position before where myself and someone else within that prop community were making the same thing, and there were noticeable similiarities, but also differences based on how each of us did our project. You can't expect there to be so many differences in design with something like this.

Oh, seriously guys, did no one look at the pictures i posted?

I HATE getting involved in this sort of thing but it IS the same model as the halo 2 one. Yes some bits have been deleted and yes a few small portions of the mesh have been moved but nothing has really been edited.

As an experienced digital model maker the chances of getting the mesh shape and poly topology that exact are... well its impossible. If i do a character model and then in a new scene try to do it again the mesh will be different, even if i was trying to get it the same. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back