Props Hybrid ODST SMG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halo 1

Hey Marines,

Due to the fact that i couldn't obtain any 'proper' SMGs for my ODST team, i decided to build a few using existing materials on hand, a NERF Recon buttstock and around a $6.00 MP7 toy SMG.

And this is what I got...

IMG_6065.jpg

IMG_6066.jpg

IMG_6067.jpg

Here it is with the laser set up:
IMG_6043.jpg

IMG_6044.jpg

IMG_6047.jpg

Here's a pic of Jason in his ODST armor [Thanks Sean!] carrying it:
IMG_6016.jpg

And yes Jason was one of the 2 ODSTs seen in ChinaJoy, held in China. ;)

All that's left to do is modify the side to accept the correct SMG magazine. :)

Enjoy and stay safe,

Tim

Thanks guys. They were made individually. I could get the MP7s here for cheap. The only issue i had was trying to find loose unwanted recon stocks, short of buying brand new RECONs for it. :)

The MP7 internals were ripped out, leaving just the trigger assembly. I installed reinforced pvc tubing for the silencer and weighted all the parts down with resin. The recon stocks were cut down and drilled thru, leaving just 2 'spine's to be inserted into the MP7 main-body. This setup was then glued down and reinforced with resin.

20mm rails were drilled and secured to the underside of the PVC silencer for the laser mounting.

Stay safe,

Tim.

wow, a small army of SMGs huh? Did you buy and make them individually, or molded them?

For an SMG built off of "real world" stuff, those look good! May look a little too realistic lol. Y'all may want to bring orange tape for cons xD. I bet they're easier to carry around with the way the handle is.

That is looking sweet, the pictures are awesome.

In the end, do you plan on being able to fire nerf darts out of the SMGs?

I'm assuming that the butt-stock collapses, am I correct?
Also, are the silencers removable, or do you plan on making them removable?

Wow, that sure is some great DIY work. I'm amazed that you can get a decent replica smg like that for $6 haha. Are all of them going to have a laser installed on them? Also, where did you get your lasers from, they look really good. Nice job on the weathering too making them look like they've been through a hell of a lot of battles.

Damn! Those were HOT!

It's just a shame you had to do all that cutting and retrofitting, I'm hoping to use an ODST armour while airsofting and were thinking about using my Airsoft mp7 to that kit, but I'm a bit too "cheap" to rip my beloved mp7 "Martha" apart to make a M7S...

Thanks guys and yes, they all will have lasers installed. I got these MP7s off a street vendor...even got a discount for the bulk purchase. LOL! Unfortunately the silencers are permanently attached, best way to work a plastic resin reinforced toy. :)

do they still fire? i wish airsoft was legal in australia, i would have a couple of batches of these babies being whipped up pronto :)

good old australia, beautiful country lousy rules. I too live in australia and these babies would be awsome to have, but we restricted. we need a gun license just for a paintball gun aye :(

Oh my goodness! That was sure EPIC! Unlike in Taiwan,it is really hard to find that kind of price. All we have is those highly priced airsoft gun which I can't even dare to rip apart (About 20~25USD). NICE WORK!

Best use of ANY nerf item evah! The weathering is top notch my friend. I would have puttied the screw holes but other than that this is screen ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back