I Am Going Crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertFare

When you pep a model after resin after fiberglass and after bondoeing, Do you HAVE to make a cast of it or do you wear the bondoed armor itself on your body!!!!!1

You can wear the bondo'ed piece by itself. There's nothing wrong with doing that. I would jsut advise finding a way to cover all the fiberglass, or wearing it will suck. Many people prefer the molded pieces though because there's no fiberglass, and they aren't as fragile as the bondo.

WRising said:
You can wear the bondo'ed piece by itself. There's nothing wrong with doing that. I would jsut advise finding a way to cover all the fiberglass, or wearing it will suck. Many people prefer the molded pieces though because there's no fiberglass, and they aren't as fragile as the bondo.

bondo is fragile? i thought it was supposed to be a tough strong body filler?

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry, that wasnt the best diction. bondo is pretty strong, but dropping it from even a fairly short height can break it. If your not careful I'm pretty sure you could cause something that's unwated. As I understand, a lot of the plastics will actually give a little when stress is put on them, but a blunt force may leave a dent. Bondo is much more rigid which is why I said fragile. There's a higher possibility of it cracking.

instead of using fiberglass mat or cloth, Mix Bondo and fiberglass resin together with will create RONDO and coat the inside of your armor pieces.

Its incredibly strong Mix it I'd say 10:1 ratio. I agree with BenStreeper with the fact that the 1:1 mix ratio is not entirely necessary

watch this video with Ben explaining Rondo

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDMriDXmtqk[/media]

SupermanExtreme1 said:
instead of using fiberglass mat or cloth, Mix Bondo and fiberglass resin together with will create RONDO and coat the inside of your armor pieces.

Its incredibly strong Mix it I'd say 10:1 ratio. I agree with BenStreeper with the fact that the 1:1 mix ratio is not entirely necessary

watch this video with Ben explaining Rondo

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDMriDXmtqk[/media]

So can you use RONDO in the inside and at the outside???

I used Rondo my accident, I picked up the wrong container and it was awesome. I used it on the outside and it was super strong. And it wasn't any more difficult to sand and sculpt then bondo. I would still glass the inside though.

I also used rubberize truck bed liner to coat the inside of the pieces. This covered the rough edges that I may have missed with sanding, I suggest sanding the insides.

But you have to clean the piece really good and allow it to dry completely before handling.

That depends a lot on construction. If your layering a thick layer of Bondo (no added resin or jelly) it will break because it is very brittle. For high wear and tear parts I recommend using resin jelly + resin. Resin jelly is the opposite of Bondo. It is used when flex is needed (I use the stuff plus resin to fix rocker panels it will take a shock but it still very hard).

Lastly if you use Rondo for the inside of a piece go 1:1 to thin it out so it permeates your paper then add a layer of fiber glass before it hardens. Add a little more thinned out Rondo to cover the glass for looks, strenght, and to keep from pulling fiberglass out of your arse.

BTW the video has a bit of bad advice Bondo body filler is polyester resin based, you need a organic vapor respirator for it too.

Gremlin117 said:
BTW the video has a bit of bad advice Bondo body filler is polyester resin based, you need a organic vapor respirator for it too.

He is correct I have learned a couple extra facts Since making that video. Although in a well ventilated areas such as my Garage (where this was filmed) You have little to no need for a respirator while applying bondo, I have found through various research that it is in fact a producer of toxic fumes as well. They are more subtle than the resin, but they are just as powerful if you are not properly protected. ANYTIME you use the resin you must wear a respirator, and if you are not in an open well ventilated area you nut wear one for bondo as well.

P.S.

You should also wear a mask or respirator when sanding the mediums as both dusts are also toxic.

BenStreeper said:
He is correct I have learned a couple extra facts Since making that video. Although in a well ventilated areas such as my Garage (where this was filmed) You have little to no need for a respirator while applying bondo, I have found through various research that it is in fact a producer of toxic fumes as well. They are more subtle than the resin, but they are just as powerful if you are not properly protected. ANYTIME you use the resin you must wear a respirator, and if you are not in an open well ventilated area you nut wear one for bondo as well.

P.S.

You should also wear a mask or respirator when sanding the mediums as both dusts are also toxic.

Yeah, but use a dust/spray paint one so you don't clog the expensive 20$ one's :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back