I am going to Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Road Kill

Sr Member
hey 405th, this is Road Kill
i am so excited, i am going to japan on july 28 so i won't be on for a while and i will for sure take pics to show you guys, i am not sure if the gundam statue is still there but if it is i will take a pic, i just hope i don't get radiation lol jk =P well hopefully i don't but just excited =D
when i come back i will tel all about it =D

You know, when I first read the thread title, my brain slipped part of your name into it.
"I am going to Kill Japan"
xD

haha that is funny man, i laughed my a** off when i saw that =P

Bring me back a yumi(Bow)!!!

Let the nice Japanese chicks that Pony is coming soon. :p XD!

lol ok i will btw what is a yumi(bow)? you would think i should know cause i am japanese, i ahev gone there so many times and i don't know what you are talking about

Road Kill, a yumi is a Japanese bow typically used by samurais (Is that right? How do you pluralize samurai?) and has a longer and shorter kind, daikyu (longer) and hankyu (shorter).

Edit: I forgot! Have a great time on your trip!

oh ok i know now, thanks =D
do you know if the gundam is still there, i got a pic a few years ago but it wasn't on my camera so i didn't get to post it and plus i wasn't even here a few years ago, and last i heard the gundam was in the city that i always go to so maybe i could see it from my house there =D but if it is i will definately take a pic =D just if i satnd next to it, it will be HUGE!!!! and i am only 5'2 so i am short lol xD
typical Asian lol (short)

Nice man, I live in Japan for 5yrs. Very good people! So sorry for what has happened there. Awesome place, lots of history.

Road Kill, a yumi is a Japanese bow typically used by samurais (Is that right? How do you pluralize samurai?) and has a longer and shorter kind, daikyu (longer) and hankyu (shorter).

Edit: I forgot! Have a great time on your trip!

The Japanese language has no plurals if I recal correctly. Nekko wa watashi des ka *Cat where is?* could mean one or several cats are missing

i am pretty sure that those things are very expensive

Not really. I looked them up a while ago and you can get a flberglass one for about $200 USD.

I might order mine, though since they are my favorite with the second being the English Longbow.

oh i guess that's pretty cheap
a while back i got to hold a realy samurai sword, it was really light and freakin sharp

haha lol, it was at my little sister's karate place and i saw it in the cornor of the room and when no one was looking i picked it up and took it out of the case, freakin awesome =D

... Japanese has limited plural, no articles (the/a/an) and runs subject-object-verb.
Boku wa mizu wo nonde imasu - I [particle] water [particle] am drinking. (nonde imasu - drink am/are x-ing)
however
Boku-tachi wa mizu wo nonde imasu - I [plural] [particle] water [particle] am drinking. (We are drinking water)

And yet some of the coolest-sounding stuff is in Japanese. (See "Kamina")

Anyway, Japanese things are less expensive in Japan than here, because for some reason, shipping costs more than the item, itself. (For example, I wanted to order $600 in Gundam model kits and tools for them, and shipping was $800, added to that) If you can fit it in your luggage, you're always better off buying while you're in Japan. Better, still, if you're looking for Gunpla, go to Hong Kong, buy your kits for slightly more expensive (and typically, a HK hobby store will have a similar selection as a Japanese, unless you're in Akihabara) and ship them significantly more cheaply from Hong Kong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back