I Can't Access The Site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyCoz

Can someone help me. I have not been able to access the site from my house for a couple of weeks. The error I get is "Oops! This link appears to be broken." I have tried restarting, deleting all temporary files, reinstalling IE, switching to Firefox, but nothing worked. I did get in to the forums several days ago, but the first topic I clicked on I got the error message, then when I tried to hit the back button, I got the old "Oops! This link appears to be broken." I have tried using my wife's notebook, and also my PS3's browser, and get the same result. Today I tried using a proxy, and here I am. I think my ISP may be blocking the site. Does anyone have any ideas?

Step 1. Check all your software firewall settings (Firefox, Tor, PeerGuardian 2, Windows built-in firewall, etc) in the block/allow section to make sure you aren't blocking 405th.com

Step 2. Check your router's firewall sections to make sure 405th.com isn't blocked.

Step 3. Open the command prompt if using Windows and type "ping http://www.405th.com" minus the quotes to see if your ISP is dropping the connection.

Step 4. Only after you've checked all your settings and done the above steps use the contact form on the front page to reach Adam with your IP address to check and make sure we don't have it blocked. For being a lowly costuming website we are under constant attacks from spammers, attacks, etc who all use randomized IP addresses so we do have quiet a few blocked.

We had a few cases similar to this a few weeks back and all it took was the ISP to refresh the users DNS which happens automatically within a week or two. Good luck mate.

Cheers,

Kensai

NOTE: It may or may not be listed as 405th.com in the firewall settings of some of those programs and may use our ip address which you can find out by pinging us as listed in step 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back