I don't know what to do...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dung0beetle

My girlfriend (that I have been living with for 6 years) got a job offer from a friend that she has known for a few years, so she went to Ohio (from TX) to be interviewed for it. She is running out of money to pay for food, hotel room, etc. I have no job, so I can't send her anything. My family is struggling with money right now because my dad is in the hospital with heart problems. I can't get a loan without a job. I've pawned or sold most everything of value that I have. She won't find out if she has the job for another week, and it looks like she will be sleeping in her car if she can't find somewhere to stay. The person who originally was going to let her stay with her, kicked her out because of a stupid argument. I have to get her kids vaccinated before they can start school, and I don't have the money to do that.

I'm not asking anyone to send me money. Even while I'm typing this, it kind of sounds like a scam. I'm just venting, really. I am so stressed out that I can't think straight. I guess I'm just fishing for options. I don't really know what to do to get her back home, and if she does get the job, I don't know if we will be able to get her back up there so she can make some money. The only thing left that I have of any value is my car and my computer. I have no issues with selling my car other than the fact that it is old and it is going to be hard to sell. I really just want her back home so she can be with her kids. I sold a helmet on ebay, but I can't get to the money because the card that I was going to attach to my paypal account is already attached to another account that is frozen. It's kind of a non-issue since it isn't that much money anyway, but it would help.

If anyone has any ideas, I am open to suggestions.

In the words of several people: "Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up." I know that it seems kinda cheesy, but my wife and I have certainly had our share of trials and tribulations. Now I will say, that is quite the predicament. Unfortunately, I don't really know what to say as far as providing options, but I can say that I certainly feel your pain. Life does throw curves, but believe me, it makes you a stronger person after getting through it. And hey, if my wife wouldn't throw a fit, I'd let her stay at our place........but I guess it really depends on where she is at in Ohio. Like I say, I can't really do much to help the situation realistically, but I certainly hope for the best.

-Matt

In the words of several people: "Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up." I know that it seems kinda cheesy, but my wife and I have certainly had our share of trials and tribulations. Now I will say, that is quite the predicament. Unfortunately, I don't really know what to say as far as providing options, but I can say that I certainly feel your pain. Life does throw curves, but believe me, it makes you a stronger person after getting through it. And hey, if my wife wouldn't throw a fit, I'd let her stay at our place........but I guess it really depends on where she is at in Ohio. Like I say, I can't really do much to help the situation realistically, but I certainly hope for the best.

-Matt
Thanks, Matt.
She's pretty much in the Cleveland area, but she's been looking around for a place all over the state. Most of the money she had went to paying for all the gas she's used. I talked to her a few minutes ago and she may be able to enroll in a college there and get housing, since going to school there after we all moved was what she was going to do anyway. She's already got a Pell grant for a school there almost ready. I'll need to track down her transcript from her previous school and fax it to someone, but at least she might be able to stay in a dorm or something. She has almost enough money to cover the gas for the drive back here, but if she gets the job, she can maybe get a pay advance to cover getting a place to stay. She will find out by monday if she has the job, but if she doesn't get it, she won't have any more money and will be stuck in Ohio because she has to pay for a hotel room over the weekend.

I'm mostly scared for her safety since she is there alone. I shouldn't have let her go alone.

That kinda sucks Bro
maybe chargin a couple of bucks for your peps or if you know how to play an istrument,maybe go and play in the streets. It kinda sucks having no job, but Im thankful my parents have stable jobs topay for my needs until I get my job.

Sorry to hear abot this bro, but all you can do is small stuff and pray
Good luck

I know at kroger a grocery store where I live they do like 15$ vaccanations thats where i got my last ones. Thats an I dead they wernt expensive is what im saying. Also I got my phsycial there an i had a nice lookin gnurse :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back