i got h2 vista, not worth the wait or the cash

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartan 1

title says alot. i got it, spent 2 hours tryng to get it to instal, and then even when it did start up, it crashed almost immeiately.
i reinstalled it 3 times, and it still isnt working. it was a total waste of $50.
i found out that alot of people have this problem, and a huge chunk of the DVD's are corrupt.
hired gun blew this project horribly, and even screwed up the options menu.

im gunna return this copy and get a new one, but if that fails, im either gunna sue or go spend my cash elseware

~spartan -1, caboose

p.s. i do meet the minimum sys req.s by a long shot

Wow.... Dude sorry about that I know you where really excited about it but Microsoft ruined your hopes...

microsoft had nothing to do with it. hired gun was the studio that made halo 2 vista. their the ones im pissed ad :p

What's their problem? Don't mess up the Halo level of quality because your all lazy! :evil:

Hmmm well all games are quite buggy once their released so If I where you I guess I would just buy it like 2 months later, it will give them time to fix all the problems with the game.

its "quite buggy" doesnt begin to describe this. this game is "unusable"

i just hope they bring gearbox games back for halo 3 pc. they did really good with halo 1 pc!

i doubt theyll fix the dvd problem for people who have it, considering its relatively uncommon, but i think im gunna torrent a working ISO and just use that to install it

spartan -1 @ Caboose said:
title says alot. i got it, spent 2 hours tryng to get it to instal, and then even when it did start up, it crashed almost immeiately.
i reinstalled it 3 times, and it still isnt working. it was a total waste of $50.
i found out that alot of people have this problem, and a huge chunk of the DVD's are corrupt.hired gun blew this project horribly, and even screwed up the options menu.

im gunna return this copy and get a new one, but if that fails, im either gunna sue or go spend my cash elseware

~spartan -1, caboose

p.s. i do meet the minimum sys req.s by a long shot

ok...

i doubt theyll fix the dvd problem for people who have it, considering its relatively uncommon, but i think im gunna torrent a working ISO and just use that to install it

bbq?

You might want to get your facts straight, and next time don't mention that you are going to download it by torrents. Torrents are primarly illegal if used for the wrong purposes like you are. Try to keep stuff like that off the board and only to yourself.

-Doom

Last edited by a moderator:
@ doom

about the DVD problem, i made an oopsy o_O from what i understand, its about 25% of people

and i dont think the torrent would be illegal, considering i already own the game o_O

~iDont

@ doom

about the DVD problem, i made an oopsy o_O from what i understand, its about 25% of people

and i dont think the torrent would be illegal, considering i already own the game o_O

~iDont

But once again to my knowledge you said you are returning it, and I doubt you would spend the regained 50$ to buy a new one when you can download it off the internet. Thats what this world has come to now and its a bit depressing... Just to tell you, downloading it from the Internet won't allow you to play online.

Have fun...

-Doom

Ostrich said:
Hmmm well all games are quite buggy once their released so If I where you I guess I would just buy it like 2 months later, it will give them time to fix all the problems with the game.

It's sad that some developers have taken this philosophy. Some gamers have even found this to be acceptable. In my opinion, no one should ever have to pay for an unfinished product. If a game is not tested well and is faulty then it should not be allowed to release to the general public. I wish there was some kind of product testing group that all games had to pass through before they were allowed to release to the general public. Some of these companies just release completely crap games because there is either a lucrative title behind it (like Star Wars, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings) or they have a "reputation" off of one title that was great so they hurry out a sequal that isn't ready. That's why I really prefer developers like Bungie or Blizzard, who would rather just say the game will be released "when it's finished" than push out a crappy game just to satisfy a release date.

/end rant

i dont think you can return it, as it isnt required to have the cd in the drive to play. anyways, im not gunna return the cd then download the game, as that WOULD be illegal, which i dont want.

@fraz, i agree 110%

As long as you actually own the software it is ok. However I was under the impression you were returning it and then downloading it. My appologies.

And Chewdog, if this topic does go to far I will lock it, but its not much of problem right now and it seems that it will die and drift off soon because Caboose has chosen a final course of action. (Hopefully)

-Doom

i hope its a final course, as well. ive found a good piracy website im going to use, but i need to get bittorrent or bit comet working, cuz right now whenever i use them, they kill my computer.

i just hope they bring gearbox games back for halo 3 pc. they did really good with halo 1 pc!

The netcode sucked for Halo 1 PC.

Not to mention Halo 2 Vista is exactly like Halo 2, button glitches and all. They are even macroing the glitches so they can not do double shot, but quad shots and many other things. The Aim Assist and magnetism is still there as well. The only thing that is most likely decent for Halo 2 Vista is the map making feature.

Ultima said:

The netcode sucked for Halo 1 PC.

Not to mention Halo 2 Vista is exactly like Halo 2, button glitches and all. They are even macroing the glitches so they can not do double shot, but quad shots and many other things. The Aim Assist and magnetism is still there as well. The only thing that is most likely decent for Halo 2 Vista is the map making feature.
but it was FUN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back