I have a bit of a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masterchafed

This weeks high temp around my parts is going to be around 50 degrees. That's an estimate and it will be on Saturday. Now, knowing my area we will only get to about 35-40 degree F and I want to resin my piece. Would it be safe to resin it outside with my mask on, then bring it inside into my closet (very small closet) and sealing off the door until it cures? I'm really frustrated as it is only 14 degrees here now. I hate Colorado. The instructions on the resin say it would be okay to do in weather as low as 45 degrees, but considering it would take about 2 hours to harden in 75 degree weather, I don't want to try it. Not to mention, it probably will not get that hot here this week.

What can i do?

I resined a piece when it was to cold, so I just stuck it in our garage and put a few lamps around it. It cured fine.

I was going to put on my respirator and open my window (maybe put a fan in my room for a few minutes) until it was all clear. I think I can get a nice seal on my door with plastic wrap and some duct tape.

the plastic wrap and duct tape idea reminds me of zombies for some reason. just dont resin it inside or your parents will kill ya.

I personally wouldn't put it in my closet. The fumes wouldn't be to good for anyone, but if you're wearing a respirator, and tape it up, it might be ok. Your choice though.

put it beside an open window with a small fan heater blowing on it. waste of electricity sure, but If you live at your mums house, its not like you'll pay for it.

I'm just really excited to get this project on the road. MY pep model looks great so I want to resin it tomorrow. Anyway, I'm not going to resin it inside. I am going to resin it outside then quickly transport it to my closet and then seal it off so I can keep the fumes to a minimum. I planned on leaving it in there for a day or two, possible airing out my closet every 5 or 6 hours so it doesn't build up. My room is fairly small so it should air out quickly and it shouldn't be bad at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back