I have a concern...

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclejon

Well i finished heavily resining my helmet and it looks pretty stable, still finishing up a little bit of sanding but after trying it on i noticed there was something wrong. for some reason the jaw/mouthpiece isnt aligned with the bill of the helmet. its off to the right a little bit, and when wearing it its extremely noticable, otherwise its not. Anyway im here asking all you gurus how you would be able to fix it. im not totally finished it so im ok with gluring, taping, stapling, bending, whatever and id prefer if i didnt have to run to the store. Im open to all ideas, thank you :lol:

If it is still bendable, hitglue some thick cardboard from a box on both sides to make it stable.

Sorry i havent gotten any pictures up for a while. I just finished a quick coat of resin in some weak areas so i couldnt try it one to show you. Its kind of hard to see where its uneven in these pictures sorry, ill have better ones up. And yes it is relatively bendable at the jaw area.

[attachment=697:10_11_07_1727.jpg]

[attachment=698:10_11_07_1725.jpg]

[attachment=700:10_11_07_1726.jpg]

Um whoa. What happened to the helmet? It looks like it got beaten up by an energy sword or something.

Anyways, get something keep it back to the desired stance and resin it again, that's what I did for mine.

imMonkeyGOD said:
Um whoa. What happened to the helmet? It looks like it got beaten up by an energy sword or something.

Anyways, get something keep it back to the desired stance and resin it again, that's what I did for mine.

lol, I wanted to primer it to sand better but all i found was cherry red paint, and i realized i still need to resin a bit so i didn't finish sanding.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can explain why, you didnt add the visor for support, so when resining, the thing got over weighed and leaned over, happens to all people who dont listen and think they dont need the visor.

AoBfrost said:
I can explain why, you didnt add the visor for support, so when resining, the thing got over weighed and leaned over, happens to all people who dont listen and think they dont need the visor.

You really like that argument don't you. But I gotta agree with you, adding the visor when making the pep does help a lot in keeping the shape. Which a lot of people don't do.

It's not an argument, it's the truth, half the helmet will slightly sagg over if nothing is there to keep it standing up.

Unclejon, if you can still bend the helmet, try adding some hard cardboard and such to help keep it's "original" shape.

Still, it's kind of annoying when almost every topic I go in, I see you saying stuff about the visor and how stupid we are for not putting it in.

Dark Rogue said:
Still, it's kind of annoying when almost every topic I go in, I see you saying stuff about the visor and how stupid we are for not putting it in.

but its the truth. the top of the helmet is too heavy, and that huge open face makes the helmet structurally weak. you dont have to put an actual visor in there, but you do need to put something to hold the top of the helmet up and also something to keep the jaw symmetrical.

optimusaint said:
but its the truth. the top of the helmet is too heavy, and that huge open face makes the helmet structurally weak. you dont have to put an actual visor in there, but you do need to put something to hold the top of the helmet up and also something to keep the jaw symmetrical.

I'm not saying it isn't the truth, i'm saying it's annoying seeing the same thing in every topic in the same crappy wording without any regards to the actual person's experience.

Thanks guys, id prefer if you didnt argue on my thread i just want some help. Thanks for the input i had no idea it mattered ill remember that next time. As for fixing it theres not a chance id start over and yes it is relatively flexible so ill get to work on some card board. thanks again guys. :D

People don't understand that they shouldn't cut out the visor and leave it in until after you fiberglass everything else...

So you leave it on with it all resined and fiberglass everything around it... Then the rest of the helmet... The just cut as much as you can out and grind the rest down... :\

Ya, but dont forget macattack, some people here are 10-14 years old and want to go cheap and fast as possible, they dont care what quality of work they do, they just want it done fast and good, fast and good never works with pep armor, you cant build armor in 1 day. Time and patience is the key to leet armor.

AoBfrost said:
Ya, but dont forget macattack, some people here are 10-14 years old and want to go cheap and fast as possible, they dont care what quality of work they do, they just want it done fast and good, fast and good never works with pep armor, you cant build armor in 1 day. Time and patience is the key to leet armor.
Yea... But you can cut it out easy if you do it right... The reason I had problems is cuz I used mat cloth... :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back