I have an idea......

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvb4life

For those paintballers in this forum.....i have an idea.

I have an extra 98 Custom that i dont use anymore......and if i tried, i could make it look like an SMG from halo 3....
but i would have to buy the air tank stock from RAP4 and get rid of the barrel.....

see where im getting at? i need a bit of advice on this one.....it would look pretty cool with a Response trigger on it.

paintball rocks.

Sounds like a good idea, I'm a proud owner of a C98 myself, great gun, one thing though. What is your plan for a barrel? I think they sell those short ones, something like 4", probably wouldn't get stellar range though. Then again, it is an SMG.... Good luck on the stock part, that would be hard.

I aslo have a 98 custom. I see what you mean, it appears to be a great base for it. The only thing that would break its "SMG appearenc" is where the tank is posistioned. The best spot is to get the mod so that you can mount the tank where the front grip is, and just build a frame or a "shell" that looks like the SMG around it. If you plan on usuing if for paintball, you'll need to use a strong material. Maybe using some dense wood for the butt that resembles the SMG. Either that, or make a vacuformed ABS shell, and fill it with some high density resin

woo paintball! i have an a-5 and i love it!

anyways... regarding your questions...

i think you should join A5OG.net and they should be able to answer all of your paintball related questions... even for the 98

and this is the website for engler custom guns, the guys that made that BR... Engler

EDIT: why would you want a response trigger on it? they dont make your gun fully automatic... they just bounce the trigger back forward so you can pull it faster... if you really want fully automatic fire, get an e-grip

yeah....like I said, RAP4 sells a stock that allows CO2 cartridges in it, thats their basic principle, but i already have a remote line.

A stub nose barrel would be good if i could find one with 98C barrel threads.

my plan is to put it on my leg for when i need it, so paint is an issue. would a Q-Loader help?

EDIT: ok.....found a stock and barrel on Rap4.com... http://rap4.com/paintball/os/rap4-tippmann...ock-p-2677.html

but the paint issue is kind of bothering me. and the fact that i might not be able to get an RT on the gun......ugh.

i might just put this on hold.

rvb4life said:
yeah....like I said, RAP4 sells a stock that allows CO2 cartridges in it, thats their basic principle, but i already have a remote line.

A stub nose barrel would be good if i could find one with 98C barrel threads.
my plan is to put it on my leg for when i need it, so paint is an issue. would a Q-Loader help?
EDIT: ok.....found a stock and barrel on Rap4.com... http://rap4.com/paintball/os/rap4-tippmann...ock-p-2677.html

but the paint issue is kind of bothering me. and the fact that i might not be able to get an RT on the gun......ugh.
i might just put this on hold.

I have a Q-Loader and that would prolly work WONDERS. BUT it depends on where you have to mount it =/

Got any pics?

[It's like 4:30 am so I'm squinting a the screen right now xD]

Last edited by a moderator:
you could just sell it to me :rolleyes ive been looking for a decent secondhand paintball gun for a while now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back