I Need Help, Fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexSpartan177

Guys I was melting some clay in my microwave, I put about 10 min to the clay but not consecutively, and after I was done I noticed the clock wasn't on and I unplugged it and plugged it back on. Nothing

I let the door opened so the microwave can cool off.

Can somebody can tell me what to do???

I dont want to pay my dad 100 bucks for a gay microwave.

I didnt think clay would melt in a microwave...

anyways it sounds like you might have killed it. I dont know if theres any fixing it.

does the clock just not work? does the light come on inside? anything work on it

insanetrooper said:
I didnt think clay would melt in a microwave...

anyways it sounds like you might have killed it. I dont know if theres any fixing it.

does the clock just not work? does the light come on inside? anything work on it

Well I used to melt clay with older and smaller microwaves and this one is brand new and is big.

And no every single light s off

Last edited by a moderator:
if you want to get clay soft for modeling, you want to soak it in hot water for a minute. ( do not put it in the microwave!!) If you want to do troopers method of filling the pep with clay, do it on the stove top ( be sure and use an old pot, nothing new that will ruin )

I can't offer any advise for fixing the problem other than maybe trying another outlet to see if maybe it popped a fuse or something but I can say melting clay in a microwave isn't a good idea, I'm pretty sure that's how I blew my last one up :unsure

If you need to melt clay the best thing to do is use a "double boilier", like how you melt chocolate. Fill a pot with water then get a metal bowl or something similar that fits in the pot and put your clay in there, it takes way longer but it's better for the clay and the microwave ;) Just don't leave it unattended or on the stove for too long or you'll cook the clay. Also keeping the bowl in the pot after you take it off the heat keep the clay liquid for longer so you're not having to reheat it over and over.

Ok so the microwave rebooted or something becauseI think it cooled off or something. I heard like a double beep and the clock was back on and the inside light light was on.

So I will try those methods Belakor and DYSORTED, Thanks :D

If you want, Belakor , you can lock this thread.

Nicktendo said:
Microwaves aren't gay.

They are gay when they mess with you and over heat themselves.

I cant believe this microwave couldn't hold simple clay

Alex spartan177 said:
They are gay when they mess with you and over heat themselves.

I cant believe this microwave couldn't hold simple clay

Microwaves aren't gay. They don't have a biology, let alone a gender or a sexual preference.

Please try and choose your words more carefully. This is a public forum and terms used like that are likely to offend.

Nicktendo said:
Microwaves aren't gay. They don't have a biology, let alone a gender or a sexual preference.

Please try and choose your words more carefully. This is a public forum and terms used like that are likely to offend.

OK, then microwaves are to weak for hot clay

Nicktendo said:

You are joking right?

well anyways you could always find a cheap replacement at a garage sale or craigslist.

MrTiKi said:
You are joking right?

well anyways you could always find a cheap replacement at a garage sale or craigslist.

Yeah, but now I use cheap pots to melt the clay

Microwaves vibrate (lets use that term...) the water molecules in the object in the microwave, causing them to heat up, heating your object.

Clay does not have much water, so the microwaves (the radio waves that cook your food) may have been reflecting back into the microwave electronics, and it shut down to protect itself.

A possible solution would be to put the clay into a container of water then microwave it. That's only theoretical.

GMer56 said:
Microwaves vibrate (lets use that term...) the water molecules in the object in the microwave, causing them to heat up, heating your object.

Clay does not have much water, so the microwaves (the radio waves that cook your food) may have been reflecting back into the microwave electronics, and it shut down to protect itself.

A possible solution would be to put the clay into a container of water then microwave it. That's only theoretical.

Yeah, after that small accident I stopped using the microwave,

and like I told Mr Tiki, Now I use pots

Alex spartan177 said:
Yeah, but now I use cheap pots to melt the clay

Just be careful if you're heating the clay directly on the stove or whatever, it doesn't take much to cook it too much, which is when it starts to go black and stink the house out ;)

GMer56 said:
... A possible solution would be to put the clay into a container of water then microwave it. That's only theoretical.

That does work but one thing you have to watch is the clay getting real hot and liquifying, I've found a couple of times that the core of the clay will be liquid and real hot when the outside is more solid and cooler... if you let that core out it can get really messy and painful ;) Another option is to put a separate container of water in with the clay, that will still cook the clay at a slower rate and the water usually stops the microwave from killing itself.

I can't vouch for the longevity of those systems though, I gave up on microwaving after I killed the first and didn't want to risk another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back