I need help with my ODST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

idando21

My friend printed an peped a whole suit of odst armor and I decided I'd resin and glass it. He printed it on regular paper instead of card stock. Is there any other option for the thin paper so it doesn't collapse when I try to put the resin on it or will it be safe. Please help its really sad because all the work is done and we don't want to waste it.

No it will collapse. The paper is just to thin. And believe me, if you are gonna make a full suit you will have to pep some parts a few time to get it right.
Just look at it like a test, if the height was good take the same dimensions ;)

rundown is right... if the only way you can print is on 20 lb. (normal paper) then you might want to glue, or what have you, the templates to poster paper, that way you can still get the strength for when you're resining and fiberglassing

I would recommend 110 lb. cardstock. I would also recommend going to a Walmart to grab it, because you can buy 2 150 page packs for about 12 dollars, rather than hitting up Staples who has 250 pages for 15 dollars... Spend less money and still get 50 more pages with Walmart.
(CORRECTION!!!) sorry guys I meant to say that Staples has a ---250--- page pack for $15. you can buy two 150 page packs for about $5 a piece at walmart. 2 150 packs for about 12 dollars beats 250 for 15.

i hate to be that guy but 150+150=300 300=300. Are the packages at Wally world 150 or 175? Im not trying to be a jerk, i am honestly curious because i havent looked at wally world and im excited if there is a better deal.

i hate to be that guy but 150+150=300 300=300. Are the packages at Wally world 150 or 175? Im not trying to be a jerk, i am honestly curious because i havent looked at wally world and im excited if there is a better deal.

much better deal with walmart. They have 150 for about $5. staples has 250 for about $15. The best I can tell you is to get two 150 page packs and get 300 pages for about $12-13 versus 250 for $15 at staples.

(Made a boo-boo on my first post.... it's been corrected.) GET 50 more pages for less at walmart.

what type of help on your armor do you need in specific

The OP wants to salvage the armor pieces made from regular paper. Might work if you resin the inside of the pieces in small sections at a time, you could reprint some of the pep files and cut out some of the pieces and put them on the inside as reinforcement.

yeah i agree using regular paper might be a bad idea using card stock is the best option because it can absorb more resin than regular paper because there is more paper there to absorb more of the resin compound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back