I need help with pepakura!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterBest1

Hi, I need help with some things in pepakura.
1. How do I change size on my armor/helmet?
2. How do I calculate my headsize and the rest of the size on my body??
3. How do I fold mauntain and walley?
4. Where do I find weapons to pepakura?
5. How do I put everyting together?

Sorry for my english!

Last edited by a moderator:
5. How do I put everyting together?[/b]

ok i'l help as best i can, ahem in order.

1. on the pepakura designer go to the 2D pattern tab and scroll down the list till you get to scale up/ down developement by specific value... then you can change the scale there.

2. to calculate your head size it comes under scaling you whole bbody in the official scaling thread BUT you WANT to go maybe 3-5 inches bigger when you do your calculation. to find your scale use this method:
Add up your height in inches. There is 12" to a foot. We'll use my hieght for the example. I am 5'11" which equals 71 inches.

Divide that by 86: 71/86 = .82558

Multiply that number times the scale it currently is, 30.342: 30.342*0.82558 = 25.04979

Now in Pepakura, go into 2dPatternWindow and select "Scale Up/Down by specifying value"

Under scale, put in the new scale (for this equazion its 25.04979). Do this for all of your pieces to be symmetrical.

3. mountain folds go down so they should look like this when you fold them /\ and valley folds look like this \/, i made a mistake last time and i did it the other way round but luckily i noticed before i went to far so just keep an eye out.

4. i wouldn't suggest weapons because people say they are difficult to make, i even haven't made one yet but if you want to go to HERE and you have to scim through it to find what you want.

5. to put the card or paper together i would suggest super glue fast drying if you can but i hear a hot glue gun is just as good.

hope this helps =]

CrAzY CH13F

CrAzY CH13F said:
5. How do I put everyting together?[/b]

ok i'l help as best i can, ahem in order.

1. on the pepakura designer go to the 2D pattern tab and scroll down the list till you get to scale up/ down developement by specific value... then you can change the scale there.

2. to calculate your head size it comes under scaling you whole bbody in the official scaling thread BUT you WANT to go maybe 3-5 inches bigger when you do your calculation. to find your scale use this method:
Add up your height in inches. There is 12" to a foot. We'll use my hieght for the example. I am 5'11" which equals 71 inches.

Multiply that number times the scale it currently is, 30.342: 30.342*0.82558 = 25.04979

Now in Pepakura, go into 2dPatternWindow and select "Scale Up/Down by specifying value"

Under scale, put in the new scale (for this equazion its 25.04979). Do this for all of your pieces to be symmetrical.

3. mountain folds go down so they should look like this when you fold them /\ and valley folds look like this \/, i made a mistake last time and i did it the other way round but luckily i noticed before i went to far so just keep an eye out.

4. i wouldn't suggest weapons because people say they are difficult to make, i even haven't made one yet but if you want to go to HERE and you have to scim through it to find what you want.

5. to put the card or paper together i would suggest super glue fast drying if you can but i hear a hot glue gun is just as good.
hope this helps =]

CrAzY CH13F

I didn't understand this: "2. to calculate your head size it comes under scaling you whole bbody in the official scaling thread BUT you WANT to go maybe 3-5 inches bigger when you do your calculation. to find your scale use this method:

Under scale, put in the new scale (for this equazion its 25.04979). Do this for all of your pieces to be symmetrical. "
What do you mean with "Multiply that number times the scale it currently is, 30.342: 30.342*0.82558 = 25.04979"??

(From Cha*man)

Height---cm-------Base Scale Multiplier-----If current scale is 30.342

71-------177.5-----0.825581395-------------25.0497907

Ding ding, correct.

We're not helping every single person which ask's the same questions.

Read the stickies, then ask. No one will hold your hand until the armor is done.

AoBfrost said:
We're not helping every single person which ask's the same questions.

Read the stickies, then ask. No one will hold your hand until the armor is done.

true dat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back