I need some help getting started with a costume for blizzcon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nitrox

Hello guys, my names chad and i have never in my life made armor.

This fall im attending blizzcon (the Blizzard entertainment convention) and i had a great idea to be a Spectre from Starcraft 2. Im working on finding things that i can use for the costume but so far my luck hasnt been all too great, so im faced with the challenge of perhaps building parts of the armor. I know this is mainly a website for Halo armor, but perhaps since this build is close to that, maybe i can get some help. Thank you very much for reading, hope to get building soon.

Quick notes:
Blizzcon is October 22-23
I dont have a lot of cash to spend, so quality is important, but not that much where im blowing out a wad of cash on 1 piece of armor.

Pictures of what im trying to build: http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/_...rcraft/images/5/51/Spectre_SC2-WoL_Story1.jpg

http://us.media.blizzard.com/sc2/media/artwork/portrait_spectre-large.jpg

THANK YOU!

I'm new to the armor creation hobby myself, but I do have a suggestion since I'm a Blizzard fan myself. Have you checked to see if there are some pepakura files floating around for a Spectre? Pep seems to be the quickest/easiest/cheapest way to get started, and some really nice finished pieces come from it from what I've seen.

Well, let's see here:

The Shins would most likely be scratch-build. Pepakura is a possibility, but the curvy, smooth stuff is difficult to get warpless. Unless you're a vet at pep, (which I can assume not, by you're intro) I'd go with a scratch build.

You know what the helmet looks like? The whole front part looks quite a bit like the Wanted: Weapons of Fate mask. I know Rundown has a file of that somewhere. It actually looks like a mix of the WoF mask, and Deep Eyes. I'm sure you could mod that a bit and get a look quite similar. Judging by the pics, it looks like a mask as well.

The whole undersuit looks like a simple underarmor full body suit would do nicely.

Can't see the rest enough to judge.

Hmm im running into problems with pep, I dont have system that can run it. Well i do have a windows, but the problem is there's no printer on it. Thats a small problem :/ . Im also thinking maybe some navy blue ski pants may work for pants, but ill shop around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back