I Was Contacted By Someone.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPARTAN 094

Ok, I finally think its safe to go public on this. I have been a member of these forums for a long time and I use to be very active. I was the original creator of all the Halo 2 and Halo: CE models. My 3d armor making has stopped as I left for vacation this past summer. I come back to find this private message.

START MESSAGE

Mjolnir Armor, IGES/PDO/Solid model, Jun 8 2008, 07:06 PM

Hey, i saw you linked a site with PDO's for the Mjolnir armor. I was wondering you might be able to directly send me some of these files. I had problems linking to the site and connecting that way. If you could please send back asap and speak with me on this matter i would greatly appreciate it. Please and thank your fellow Halo fan (file usage includes exact life size reproduction of the suit, i have all the technology and machinery needed) hit me back and we can discuss it further. smile.gif

JPM Rep.

END MESSAGE

I got back in July and tried contacting this person no response. I looked up the company found noting about contacting. I would like to know if anyone had anything relating to this person.

SPARTAN-094

papamurf812 said:
Whoa... I kinda hope this is legit. This could lead to something very interesting.
I pissed my pants when I saw that he would provide me with a life size reproduction

Last edited by a moderator:
The first thing that came to my mind is the old saying "If it's too good to be true, it often is" If he was legit he should have provided more contact details and a follow up contact to ensure you received the first one. I tend to look at these situation in negative light first, than a positive one.

Sounds rather suspicious to me... ask him to send proof that his "company" exists.

Reading it again, he has some trouble piecing sentences together :lol:
Please and thank your fellow Halo fan

Well maybe I need to mention that he never contacted me back. If Adam sees this I hope he can get me an E-Mail address to contact this person.

1ManBattalion said:
If he was legit he should have provided more contact details and a follow up contact to ensure you received the first one.

I agree with Battalion, especially if he was interested in the files. Sounds a little fishy to me...

pooper said:
I agree with Battalion, especially if he was interested in the files. Sounds a little fishy to me...

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you.

WARNING RANT AHEAD! LOL

well i wouldnt go for it any way. i had a person off site ask me about my armor designs and i told them where to get them but they insisted they wanted mine. well in the few minutes i talked to this person they gave me a phony comppany name and all that crap to contact them. how did i know it was phony, no website where his card told me to go, google came up with nothing... and better yet my buddy at the government business registrations could find no trace of anything on this guy.. i think he just wanted to get me riled up and give him models i havent even put up on this site, and models that is not my permision to give away because it belongs to people of this site (aka pdo files)

so dont take it too much... some of these guys are scams for full files and whatnot but never really does dick all with them or doesnt know how to use them when they get them. also these people dissapear off the internet and never come back online to comunicate a deal or anything.

kinda reminds me of those spam emails... you won the uk lotery..... im a nigerian prince send me moneys..... im in a refugee camp and im mass emailing people but really im in the states seeing if you will but this crap... all that stuff and more... i take it as it is... nothing at all till proof is provided that they have anything and what they plan on doing with it and if they actually have the equiptment...

NO pictures or it didnt happen things dont work well on the internet.. he could just google search some crap. so dont ask for those ask for a walk through of the shop he has and such with him in the video and such so you can actually get a good view of his face and his shop.... cant green screen those shops too well if everything is wobbly.

hope this helps a bit sorry for the rant!

regards
fluffy

CommanderFluffy said:
WARNING RANT AHEAD! LOL

well i wouldnt go for it any way. i had a person off site ask me about my armor designs and i told them where to get them but they insisted they wanted mine. well in the few minutes i talked to this person they gave me a phony comppany name and all that crap to contact them. how did i know it was phony, no website where his card told me to go, google came up with nothing... and better yet my buddy at the government business registrations could find no trace of anything on this guy.. i think he just wanted to get me riled up and give him models i havent even put up on this site, and models that is not my permision to give away because it belongs to people of this site (aka pdo files)

so dont take it too much... some of these guys are scams for full files and whatnot but never really does dick all with them or doesnt know how to use them when they get them. also these people dissapear off the internet and never come back online to comunicate a deal or anything.

kinda reminds me of those spam emails... you won the uk lotery..... im a nigerian prince send me moneys..... im in a refugee camp and im mass emailing people but really im in the states seeing if you will but this crap... all that stuff and more... i take it as it is... nothing at all till proof is provided that they have anything and what they plan on doing with it and if they actually have the equiptment...

NO pictures or it didnt happen things dont work well on the internet.. he could just google search some crap. so dont ask for those ask for a walk through of the shop he has and such with him in the video and such so you can actually get a good view of his face and his shop.... cant green screen those shops too well if everything is wobbly.

hope this helps a bit sorry for the rant!

regards
fluffy
:eek: wow that certainly was a rant!!

i agree as well.

you can get the files for free by searchign the internet....who pays for pep files, really.....especially when they are the wiki.

...this guys a loser.

its kinda a scam thing.. it happens more times than normal email on the web... dont ever take anything seriously... sorrry i like to rant its more of a way to put out a point with backup really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back