Idea For Guy's Visor (daft Punk)

Status
Not open for further replies.
link4044 said:
have you ever watch "robotech or macross" look it up

if you want PM me
This may sound irrelevant, but, what is the relevance of that to this thread? - Ice

Last edited by a moderator:
Ice said:
Do you have a vac-form table? - Ice
Assuming you have a shop vac and some spare wood, they're not that hard to make. Once you've formed the visor, you just have to pick up a spray-on window tint and you're ready to rock.

^-^Foxy~>

foxymcfox said:
Assuming you have a shop vac and some spare wood, they're not that hard to make. Once you've formed the visor, you just have to pick up a spray-on window tint and you're ready to rock.

^-^Foxy~>
Whats the best way to make the visor to plastic over? Clay or Bondo?
And, where would someone find these "spray on window tints"? - Ice

You cannot vacform soft clay. You can mold it with plaster and make a cast out of bondo,rondo or plaster (it's called a buck)

You can get Niteshades on ebay for really cheap too!
I made the mold out of model magic and plaster.
Model Magic is really easy to sand once it dries completely.
Hope I can help!

yomilomi said:
You can get Niteshades on ebay for really cheap too!
I made the mold out of model magic and plaster.
Model Magic is really easy to sand once it dries completely.
Hope I can help!
Wait.
Are you the one that made it? Or someone that has used vacu-forming before and used model magic?
Im confused >.< - Ice

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ice @ Sep 21 2008, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Wait.Are you the one that made it? Or someone that has used vacu-forming before and used model magic?Im confused >.< - Ice</div>HAHA sorry!
No, but I've been in touch with him a couple of times.
Yeah he uses pure foam and plaster, but I find model magic a lot easier to work with.

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=80...light=daft+punk
search around that thread.
he's ammnra.

img0379cb3.jpg

I vacuum formed a visor for my daft punk helmet, If you have any questions or if you like to buy just the visor send me a message.

dyeinbreed said:
I vacuum formed a visor for my daft punk helmet, If you have any questions or if you like to buy just the visor send me a message.
Alright, I shall be in contact with you via PM soon. Mostly for details and things. - Ice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back