Ignition246's Mando W.I.P. (With Pics!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ignition246

Hey guys! After one long hiatus, I'm back. Since it's summer break, I have a ton of free time to be working on stuff like this. I've been working on this mando build for just about 16 hours now and am still only pepping. Ran into a major setback with the helmet (It's WAY too small, and I have no clue how to scale it correctly) but everything else is looking great.

The models I'm using for this are courtesy of Arioch, over at www.405th.com/showthread.php/32294-Star-Wars-Galaxies-model-thread-Downloads-in-first-post

Pics will go on my Twitter first, but here are all that I have so far.

MandoChest.jpg

^ Chest Piece, Abdomen, Collarbone, etc.

MandoBack.jpg

^ Backplate

MandoBicep.jpg

^ Bicep, kind of a shoulder pauldron kinda thing.

MandoSoFar1.jpg

^ All together, up to this point. :)

Now, for my helmet dilema. As most people, I use letter size paper\cardstock (8.5 x 11). Unfortunately (for me at least) the pep files I'm using were saved in A4, which makes it hard for me to judge how exactly to scale them. When printing, I will tell it not to change the scale, but that didn't work out on the helmet. The bucket's height was 300 mm, while my head's height is only 257.25 mm. (chin to top) However, since I hadn't rescaled any of the other pieces and they fit fine, I decided to leave the helmet as is, and simply attribute this number difference to it having been saved in A4. Now, I come to find out, that the helmet is far too small, and I have wasted 12 pieces of cardstock on it (I only had 21 left) so now all I can do is make the gauntlets, before I have to buy more cardstock.

Anyways, more pics to come, and if anybody has tips on scaling between paper sizes, that'd be a lot of help, because I love these files. Haha! :)

Just the modern/legacy design, no mandalorian in particular. The bicep piece does come pretty exclusively from SWG though, haha. All of the models are based on SWG, but they all look to be movie quality, and they are great models, so I'm happy to use them.

i have a friend whos doing a hardcore mandalorian armor. sheet metal and everything. even went as for as to make the helmet air tight with a military grade air filter/gas mask. truly ingenious. after my mk6 armor im going to make some halo marine armor then my mass effect armor. thats months of work right there, lol.

that sounds awesome, your and your friends builds. I'm just doing this as my first build to ever finish. Although the helmet kinda threw off my rhythm. haha

oh thats all him. though in my last helmet i did have a walky talky wired into it. the wires ran down my arm to my data pad(which didnt exist on the halo 3 armor, had to make one) which had the bottons and screen so i could see what channel i was on. i plan on doing that again but maybe some wire couplings so i dont have to run the whole thing and can have it section to each piece of armor.

Yeah, since mando armor comes with that rangefinder, I've been trying to think of some way to do an entire walkie talkie thing inside the helmet. You know, have a button on the "ear" where I press to talk. Would run into problems when changing channels though, haha.

long as you remember what channel its on its should be fir but to be safe, make sure you kep the screeen connected but have it out of sight. like on the inside of the helmet where it wont rub against you.

Reset things so that it prints to letter sized paper, and moved some pieces around because they would no longer fit. Should it scale correctly now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back