I'm back, after nearly two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiercingThread7

Jr Member
Hello all! It has been nearly two years since I last posted anything to one of my threads (I've had little time to do so much as even steadily advance on my build '-_-). I'm not too sure whether it would be anywhere near acceptable to post an update and pull a two-year Necro. I've made enough progress for it to be a significant post, but I'm debating to myself whether I should Necro my own thread with updates, or make a whole new thread all together to avoid the shame of the Necro-Post. I'm mainly asking moderators on this one, seeing as they have a higher level of authority than your average user. ANY help here is very greatly appreciated, and I hope to get a reply back soon.

Cheers to all, it feels absolutely great to be back!

Hello all! It has been nearly two years since I last posted anything to one of my threads (I've had little time to do so much as even steadily advance on my build '-_-). I'm not too sure whether it would be anywhere near acceptable to post an update and pull a two-year Necro. I've made enough progress for it to be a significant post, but I'm debating to myself whether I should Necro my own thread with updates, or make a whole new thread all together to avoid the shame of the Necro-Post. I'm mainly asking moderators on this one, seeing as they have a higher level of authority than your average user. ANY help here is very greatly appreciated, and I hope to get a reply back soon.

Cheers to all, it feels absolutely great to be back!

Welcome back, Spartan. It's good to see returning faces!

As for your question: it is absolutely OK to necro-post your own thread, especially with content! It's far better for you to keep your build to one location, if you're picking up a previous build - if it's a brand-new build, however, I would suggest creating a new thread, in the interests of continuity and keeping projects separated.

Either way, it's good to see you returning to the community, and good luck with your builds!

Thank you so much Chernobyl. You have no Idea on how pleased I am to hear that. Oh, And thanks for the quick reply!

You're absolutely welcome! I've taken a look at your previous builds, and while you could benefit from a little practise in the Pepakura method (assuming you choose to pursue that route for your build), you're looking pretty good! I look forward to seeing what you come up with now that you're out of hiatus.

I don't like pepakura very much. It's pretty tedious to work with. It's difficult to adjust (before and after resin), takes a long time (on my scedule) and with foam, improvising can be done quickly, very easily, and you usually don't end up having to change much else. Foam is definitely the way to go for me, as resin and bondo give off worse fumes than hot foam. My skill with foam isn't the best, But it's better than my Skill with pep, and will be revealed in my thread upon updating. But anyways, thanks for the constuctive criticism! I honestly can't thank you enough for helping and encouraging me to update*my build*again!

Welcome back, PiercingThread7! I'm sure you'll notice LOTS of changes around here so please feel free to ask questions if you're unsure about any of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hiya FANGS! I'll let you know if I run into anything. I shouldn't have too many problems, as I've been lurking on here for quite a while, gaining the motivation to push forward with everything once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back