I'm finally doing it.... its time to make my ODST costume

Status
Not open for further replies.

grifandsargert

im finally doing it. im building my odst costume. im not sure how im going to do it yet or how far i want to go detail wise but ive got 6 weeks of summer left and it would be great to finish before then.
im running through the list if parts i need to build the halo 3 rookie armor.
the chest piece
the helmet
the backpack
the shoulders
the shins
forearms
thighs
boots?
smg
pistol
if i missed anything tell me
also does anyone know where to find the foam files for the backpack and the grenades on the belts and stuff like that?

Last edited:
Congrats! If you work everyday I think you could do it. All files are found in "The Armory", but for your sake here's a link Halo 3: ODST - UNSC ODST.

Some quick advice so the veterans can save their breath (but they're still gonna quote this and repeat it anyways): don't rush your build just because classes are starting. Take your time building pieces and really make them the best you can, you will be thankful in the end I promise. As ExCeLLuR8 once said "don't get sentimental about the prop itself, focus on the process". It'll be hard to follow that, I know.
Alright, he's all yours vets.

Best of luck! We're here if you need us.

Congrats! If you work everyday I think you could do it. All files are found in "The Armory", but for your sake here's a link Halo 3: ODST - UNSC ODST.

Some quick advice so the veterans can save their breath (but they're still gonna quote this and repeat it anyways): don't rush your build just because classes are starting. Take your time building pieces and really make them the best you can, you will be thankful in the end I promise. As ExCeLLuR8 once said "don't get sentimental about the prop itself, focus on the process". It'll be hard to follow that, I know.
Alright, he's all yours vets.

Best of luck! We're here if you need us.

*stares at RandomRanger , who is still a new guy..........*

Lol jk, good luck with the build, man! Love a good helljumper build. Keep us posted.

*stares at RandomRanger , who is still a new guy..........*

Lol jk, good luck with the build, man! Love a good helljumper build. Keep us posted.
hard to follow indeed ExCeLLuR8 is a god and I still dont know where his amazingness comes from. maybe soon we'll find out. you can do what he did and go into theater mode for every little piece to get it spot on

but you've only gotta spend ~20 minutes on the forums to see you guys repeating the same tips xD. Figured I'd help out.
"Keep your blades sharp"

Good luck on the build, hope to see some updates
Also here is a link to a drop box with foam files as well, the armory has its own list but this list has a couple pieces missing from the "foam" subfolder. Forgot which ones though. LINK

Yo! Another awesome hell jumper to join the cause! ;) Good luck man on your halo 3 odst build, and I cannot wait to see your progress and final result. The best advice I could give is take you’re time, and make sure you take breaks in between. Being mentally strained and working with foam are not good combinations lol.

If there's one thing I learned from cosplaying as a Spartan, it's to make buddy buddy with an ODST. Why?

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back