Im going to attempt to go full out. All tricks intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cemretas

Member
Well after hearing that every other way is pointless to do, I decided to simply try this.

Can anyone please list the items, I mean the amount and what brand is cheapest and most effective.
For making.
Molding
And painting a Halo helmet.

How much clay costs, and how much would I need.
How do I get it to be looking the same as a normal helmet.
What do I get for mold making
What do I get to create a cast.
What I need to release
What I need for whatever else in painting and make it look authentic. I want to try a black main with a orange stripe at the top, primer then neon orange.
Also whats the cheapest, but best looking for a visor. I mean that as in, what costs a low x amount, but still looks better then others that look that x amount.

Thanks, and good day.
 

NZTK

Well-Known Member
You know, for someone with an IQ of 180 you ask some pretty simple questions. Why don't you do some research? All of the information is at your fingertips, you just need to look.
 

ecose

Well-Known Member
NZ-TK said:
You know, for someone with an IQ of 180 you ask some pretty simple questions. Why don't you do some research? All of the information is at your fingertips, you just need to look.

i fully agree
 
Last edited by a moderator:

BishopX

Well-Known Member
Yeah....those are pretty broad questions. The truth is that you will have to figure some of that out. Buy some clay and start sculpting or whatever. When you realize that you need more clay, go buy more, etc.

Not trying to be a smartass... There is no 3 cups of clay, 2 table spoons of resin and bake at 350degress for 45 minutes recipe.
 

Krylon

Jr Member
CemreTas said:
Well after hearing that every other way is pointless to do, I decided to simply try this.

Can anyone please list the items, I mean the amount and what brand is cheapest and most effective.
For making.
Molding
And painting a Halo helmet.

How much clay costs, and how much would I need.
How do I get it to be looking the same as a normal helmet.
What do I get for mold making
What do I get to create a cast.
What I need to release
What I need for whatever else in painting and make it look authentic. I want to try a black main with a orange stripe at the top, primer then neon orange.
Also whats the cheapest, but best looking for a visor. I mean that as in, what costs a low x amount, but still looks better then others that look that x amount.

Thanks, and good day.

Soft Molds= Rebound 25 silicone from smoothon.com
Mother Molds= Plasti- Paste from smoothon.com
Paints= Krylon Paint :) (Italion olive) with hammered silver for battle damage and black matte rustoleum primer for recesses.

For casts use 1:1 ratio Smoothcast 300 from none other than smoothon.com.

Any type of mold release will work for silicone mold releases at that site.

Trust me on this stuff. im not making it up :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Vader

Member
NZ-TK said:
You know, for someone with an IQ of 180 you ask some pretty simple questions. Why don't you do some research? All of the information is at your fingertips, you just need to look.
Word'em UP
 
Last edited by a moderator:

cemretas

Member
Krylon said:
Soft Molds= Rebound 25 silicone from smoothon.com
Mother Molds= Plasti- Paste from smoothon.com
Paints= Krylon Paint :) (Italion olive) with hammered silver for battle damage and black matte rustoleum primer for recesses.

For casts use 1:1 ratio Smoothcast 300 from none other than smoothon.com.

Any type of mold release will work for silicone mold releases at that site.

Trust me on this stuff. im not making it up :)
Thanks, there simple questions, but damn it I dont know what to get. So leave me alone.
Thanks Krylon for actually helping. Yeah I noticed about the other threads, mods can delete them if they want.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Robogenisis

Well-Known Member
Lets see,
You have a supposed IQ of 186, you've been a member for several months, you have over 250 posts, and you still don't know how to find this for yourself? I do believe you have a very slow learning curve.

Plus, that IQ certificate is just an online thing. They are so innacurate. I've been told I have an IQ of 125 to 200 on those. On a certified test I have an IQ of 150.
 

Primal Weyland

Well-Known Member
Jesus Christ, people.

A guy walks in, asks some damned questions, and gets raped for it.

Now, I'm all for people doing their own research, but come on. Even the best of us have to ask sometimes if we're unsure. And damnit, if we'd treated people like Adam like this when they were new at this stuff, we'd never HAVE high-quality stuff to aspire to.

So put the attitude down, people, and step away for a few seconds. We don't need to start becoming elitist.
 

raven2751

Jr Member
Robogenisis said:
Lets see,
You have a supposed IQ of 186, you've been a member for several months, you have over 250 posts, and you still don't know how to find this for yourself? I do believe you have a very slow learning curve.

Plus, that IQ certificate is just an online thing. They are so innacurate. I've been told I have an IQ of 125 to 200 on those. On a certified test I have an IQ of 150.


i'd have to agree with you on that robo, cause i've done the online tests and a real certified test and it came out quite high but not gonna say what it is as no need to say.

but all his questions have been answered many times and all it takes is a bit of time searching and reading all he can.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

NZTK

Well-Known Member
A guy walks in, asks some damned questions, and gets raped for it.
That wasn't my intention, I don't like to flame people. My point was simply,in last 48 hours, he's started about 3 threads, asking the same questions over and over again, received clear and concise answers, and seems to refuse to do any research on it himself, he just seems to stand there and demand answers from people and not listen. If I wanted to know how much silicone I needed for a project, Id start with Google, then Id ring some suppliers and get some professional advice and quotes... but then again my IQ is only 140, so what would I know?
(IQ tests have not been taken seriously since about 1950 btw, most psychologists agree they are a worthless tool for quantifying intellectual capacity)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Robogenisis

Well-Known Member
It's hardly understandable when someone who has no idea how to do anything (AKA a newb) and makes a post like this, but when someone's been around this long and has this many posts and makes a post like this, It's just plain stupid.
He's been around long enough to know how to use the search bar, and where to find the information, unless he just clicks on a post, scans it in less than 3 seconds, posts something, and competely forgets he every did it.
 

AoBfrost

Well-Known Member
First you go to cardboard armor, then you dont like it, so you go to pep, then you dont like it, now molded? What happens when you quit on molded, there's nothing after that, all armor will cost money, there is no such thing as free armor.
 

cemretas

Member
Think about it this way.
There are a billion or so words in the english dictionary.

Lets say that 100 million had anything to do with clay at all. "That BROWN clay" "STFU you stupid clay" and such.
The other 900 million are ommited because I just did that.
Lets then say that only perhaps 500 clay brands existed, each with their own varying strengths.
Lets have me look at the 10 or so clays posted on this site, with no idea what each clay could be useful for. If I buy hard clay its good, but bad for small details. Soft clay is reverse, but does'nt hold.
But wait. If I ask, perhaps someone out there will know an answer. Since they themselves have tried it.
If I find enough people saying that "blank" is good, then thats good to start with. Since looking at the opinions of one persons clay is not going to help.
Then try that pattern with other stuff, the molding, the casting, ect.

I mean really. I did do research, its just impossible to narrow it since I have NOOOOOOO PRIOR USE OF IT!!! How can I know? Someone can say "soft is better" then I buy soft and I completely screw up since I have no idea how to mold it without it drooping, or "Resin works with casting" and I ruin the mold.
I mean gosh golly gee.

Also whats with this IQ thing? SO what? I cant ask some questions and get flamed and have iq put into it? Well you wanna know something? I took 3 tests. Two internet, one real-life, pay Edit: (It was a typo, it was actually) 6.50 or so for an actual check over a few times test.
The real life thing is shown below, the internet I keep in my room since I dont wanna post it, but if you want, I could scan them and slap them onto my sig.

Test #1 Internet
181

Test #2 Real life
186

Test #3 Internet
185

#2 and #3 Used the Binet scale, and Im not sure what #1 did.
I mean come on. Dont turn this into what zeitgeist turned into.
 

cemretas

Member
AoBfrost said:
First you go to cardboard armor, then you dont like it, so you go to pep, then you dont like it, now molded? What happens when you quit on molded, there's nothing after that, all armor will cost money, there is no such thing as free armor.
I didnt try cardboard.
Pep turned out pretty nicely, I just dont like fitting my head through that torso piece.
But yeah I guess your right, its no point wasting money on molded. Ill just keep my helmet and MA5C and be happy. Thanks 405th, for everything. Some more than others... :(

AoBfrost said:
Your IQ does not backup your armor making skill.

Show us some of your previous molding work.
What did I do now? I ask some questions. People start ragging me on some pic I have, I defend myself, and you start harrassing me like last time. I never did molded anything, thats why Im asking what should I get.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

AoBfrost

Well-Known Member
Omg this is just like ALL OTHER THREAD YOU MAKE, all of them you say we are attacking you, no one is, but with all these questions are want answered, we cant answer the worlds questions for you, use the search button and read the stickies, watch molding videos, and talk to proffesionals.
 

cemretas

Member
NZ-TK said:
If you paid 50 dollars to sit an IQ test, its pretty safe to say you failed.
What 50 bucks? It was like 5 bucks and 10 minutes.
Sorry for the typo.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top