"Im Haunted... Dead or Alive!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well hey boys and girls! i am back!!!!

My new project is making the best possible haunted pilot helmet!!!!

i already have the pilot helmet made and you can see it on the link at the bottom of this post. but my plan is to have lights, a skull mask, a clear visor, the attachments out of foam of course, and paint it blackish/dark grey. I hope this is the first of its kind on this sight and i want to make HISTORY!!! lol

today i got my clear vac formed visor out of the closet, cleaned the dust of of my pilot helmets and poured some smoothcast 300 into my mold..... sadly twice.

DSCN2695-1.jpg

DSCN3287.jpg

DSCN3289.jpg

DSCN3290.jpg

^BAD CAST... BAAAAADDDDDD

DSCN3291.jpg

DSCN3292.jpg

DSCN3293.jpg

DSCN3294.jpg

So i decided to do another and hopefully get a better one.

DSCN3296.jpg

DSCN3297.jpg

DSCN3298.jpg

DSCN3299.jpg

DSCN3300.jpg

A lot better and its nothing a sander and bondo cant cure! i neeeeeed to invest in a better mold!!!

my first cast was junk, ill prolly blow it up.

So I read this at work earlier and JUST NOW realized what the title was! Lol very clever, can't wait to see your skull mask inside that helm

awesome man, i can't wait to see it finished, since i am also doing the pilot helmet, i too will be doing the skull mask and the LED lights on the inside

awesome man, i can't wait to see it finished, since i am also doing the pilot helmet, i too will be doing the skull mask and the LED lights on the inside

SWEEET DUDE! i cant wait to see Yours!!!

UPDATE!!

So yesterday, i tryed to make the top part of the UA attachment...

DSCN3302.jpg

DSCN3304.jpg

LOL something is a lil out of proportion!^^^^^

DSCN3308.jpg

Dident turn out so well.

DSCN3309.jpg

Thought it was to small^^^^^^

Then i decided to make a better one! i like it much better! i hope yall do also! But it still looks a lil off.

DSCN3310.jpg

DSCN3312.jpg

DSCN3313.jpg

DSCN3314.jpg

DSCN3315.jpg

PilotHelmetUA2.jpg

DSCN3319.jpg

PilotHelmetUA3.jpg

DSCN3320.jpg

I think it looks a little off... maybe too big? that might be it! I want this thing to be as perfect as possible! im gunna make this helm the best i can. i might need to print off jico's pep of the UA attachment and try to do something there. we will see!

Tomorrow is the last day of summer and i plan t spent it swimming and enjoying myself. But if i get board... I might cut the visor out and start the whole bondo/sanding proses! or tryy to fix the UA attachment.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks for checking out mah progress!

Brad

Just the thought of a haunted helmet makes me happy!

I think the attachment is scaled almost perfectly from the ref pics.

Looking EPIC so far! Keep up the great work man!

PS: I feel your pain....the last day of summer is a dreadful day indeed.

2m46nau.jpg

on the dotted line, cut the foam at a horizontal way, and shift it probably like 2 cm out. there's that flat, ridge like part in the in game pics. other than that I think the attachment looks bad ass brah!

Just the thought of a haunted helmet makes me happy!

I think the attachment is scaled almost perfectly from the ref pics.

Looking EPIC so far! Keep up the great work man!

PS: I feel your pain....the last day of summer is a dreadful day indeed.

Thanks pal!

I couldent go to sleep without figuring out whaaaat made the Ua Attachment seem weird! so i looked close and compared the pictures and decided that i dident have datails defined enough around the edges, so i cut it! i think it made a big differance!

DSCN3321.jpg

PilotHelmetUA2-1.jpg

Looks a lil better

DSCN3323.jpg

PilotHelmetUA3.jpg

DSCN3324.jpg

^^^^^^ i thined out the foam on the sides so it would sit better on the helmet.^^^^^

DSCN3326.jpg

^^^^^ The more defined edges^^^^

What do YOU think?

LEt me know Guys!!!!

Thanks for lookin!

There is a silver triangle grate sort of thing that the tip of the attachment is overlapping. On the game pictures, it goes a tad further down on it than yours is. That's the only problem that I'm seeing. Other than that, it looks great!

2m46nau.jpg

on the dotted line, cut the foam at a horizontal way, and shift it probably like 2 cm out. there's that flat, ridge like part in the in game pics. other than that I think the attachment looks bad ass brah!

I made this just for you, to give that effect your are talking about. i also had time to cut mah visor out!!

DSCN3335.jpg

DSCN3339.jpg

^^^I cut some more and made the top ridged^^^^

Here is the helm!!!

DSCN3340.jpg

DSCN3341.jpg

DSCN3343.jpg

DSCN3345.jpg

DSCN3347.jpg

With the template on! it looks MUCH BETTER!!!!!!

DSCN3349.jpg

DSCN3351.jpg

What do you think??

Thanks for taking a look at mah build!

Stay golden!

Today i sanded some high parts and cut out the holes for the vents. i also did some bondoing!! the next step is sanding, then more bondo, then metal glaze!

DSCN3352.jpg

DSCN3355.jpg

What do yall think?!

Thanks Pip and matronoke! I appreciate it!!

Did some sanding today!

DSCN3363.jpg

and as you can see, i still have some work to do!

Today i received the other part of the ua attachment series in the mail.

I purchased this from blackula727! Thanks big dog!!

DSCN3361.jpg

it needs to be sanded a wee bit, but then ill paint her up!

I bought some Blue leds also today for the blackula attachment, and to light up the skull and sides of the helmet, they should arrive on Monday.

I am also waiting for a key part of the helmet to come in the mail.... not going to tell yall what it is yet till i have it, but yall can guess!!!!

I need to make a vid to show yall in detail what i have done to everything because pics don't do this kind of work justice.

WhaT do yall think?

thanks for checkin out mah build!!

I am also waiting for a key part of the helmet to come in the mail.... not going to tell yall what it is yet till i have it, but yall can guess!!!!

Is it the haunted skull? :p

Nice work dude! The pilot looks great and I love the attachments you chose! (My Halo: Reach Spartan wears it.)

Is it the haunted skull? :p

Nice work dude! The pilot looks great and I love the attachments you chose! (My Halo: Reach Spartan wears it.)

Possibly brah! I need to add you on xbox so we can reach it up! Also because i don't have many pics of the haunted pilot helmet so i could get some reference pics of you when we play!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back